Work out routine

Dyce17

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm out of classes right now because of financial issues but I want to keep in shape and working so I'll be good when I get back to class. What's a good exersice routine? How should I balance my diet? And also when I return to clss in october I have a fight already lined up how can I prepare and keep my stamin up. I'm a bigger guy so I'm trying to lose weight in the process

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Everyone else can recommend exact routines - Ill just recommend Shadow Boxing. Or, Shadow Taekwondo as it were :) It improves Cardio, and can do wonders for weight.

And food; Carbohydrates early in the day, or the previous day > Protein later in the day > Fat and Energy and Nutrients balanced throughout works swell.

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm out of classes right now because of financial issues but I want to keep in shape and working so I'll be good when I get back to class. What's a good exersice routine? How should I balance my diet? And also when I return to clss in october I have a fight already lined up how can I prepare and keep my stamin up. I'm a bigger guy so I'm trying to lose weight in the process

I'll offer two options:
  • Power pyramid
  • Royal court
In regards to the power pyramid; http://excoboard.com/martialwarrior/148253/1804203

For the royal court; http://excoboard.com/martialwarrior/148253/1804298

For the pyramid you can tailor it to specifi exercises, the ones I chose give a TBT workout (total body training) and hits all muscle groups.

Diet...don't do white products (bread, rice etc), ditch sodas, high protein intake.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Being in shape has 3 components. Strength, flexibility and cardio. For cardio and calorie burning, nothing beats running. Thats why all the pro fighters do it.

What you do should be tailored for your activity. Interval training for running can mirror fight energy expenditue thru interval training. Alternate between sprints and jogs. You can do some weight lifting, but you realy need to do reps of your kicks and strikes on targets and bags to build specific strength for this activity.

OP
D

Dyce17

White Belt
Reaction score
Can someone explain the concept of shadow boxing (taekwondo)

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can someone explain the concept of shadow boxing (taekwondo)
[yt]ZU8mTchwPa4[/yt]

or

[yt]ezbIIHQqWoc[/yt]

Just pretend your are sparring against someone or your shadow.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
[yt]ZU8mTchwPa4[/yt]

or

[yt]ezbIIHQqWoc[/yt]

Just pretend your are sparring against someone or your shadow.
^^

And make sure it goes for a minimum of Two Minutes, with as little stopping as you can manage :)

Latest Discussions