Wong Training

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Consequently the tradition has been passed down orally and we consider videos to be a tool of the foolish.
Your teaching method is against my believe. I don't believe MA can be taught orally. I just have a feeling that you and I may not live on the same planet (even if we may share the same last name (Wang, Wong - king 王).

- The true hero of the East.
- The king of Kung Fu (Kung Fu Wang 功夫王).

I think I like my name better. :D

Why do you think that video is a tool of foolish?

Instead of using the following video to teach the Xing Yi Beng Chuan, How will you use audio to teach Xing Yi Beng Chuan?

Last edited:

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, I'll ask again - who trains golden bell?[/QUOTE]

Ok, Ok, I really don't have experience in Golden Bell, but I have on occasion dabbled in Golden Showers.

Lee (Bagua Jitsu)

White Belt
Reaction score
Please don't troll Flying Crane - I'm trying to discuss the serious tradition of the Wong style here.

Wong style is nothing to sniff at—I personally went from being savagely beaten up on a near-daily basis by the local thugs and hooligans (in and out of hospital frequently), to being able to easily handle myself on the mean streets of Stoke-on-Trent. I owe everything to my Master, Monk Wong. Though I may still often be badly physically injured from these fights, I have the mental presence and state of mind to keep myself humble and on the Right Path.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wong style is nothing to sniff at—I personally went from being savagely beaten up on a near-daily basis by the local thugs and hooligans (in and out of hospital frequently), to being able to easily handle myself on the mean streets of Stoke-on-Trent. I owe everything to my Master, Monk Wong. Though I may still often be badly physically injured from these fights, I have the mental presence and state of mind to keep myself humble and on the Right Path.
You offered to share his your book. I would like to see it. Please let me know if you can email a scanned copy or somehow make it available.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm interested in learning to better use my Wong technique. Do you use your Wong against ruffians? What about chavs? Are chavs worried about your Wong?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Just... quick aside. What is "bagua jitsu"? Does it involve using one's Wong techniques for self defense?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
MasterWong.jpg

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
While it's been a long time, I trained as a mystic and kung fu expert in China for a time.

Legend told of a legendary warrior whose kung fu skills were the stuff of legend..." A mysterious kung fu master in a flowing cape and sedge hat who walked through the Chinese landscape. Reputed to be a grand master of kung fu, he entered a tavern where he was immediately attacked by the local ruffians. However, they are no match for his skill and even the legendary kung fu masters, the Furious Five, bow down to the the dragon warrior's skill, requesting to hang out with him and fight alongside him as...

I woke up from this dream in my room. My father, Mr. Ping calls to me from the noodle restaurant below to help serve tables. Before I went downstairs, I admired my Furious Five action figures. I was a fan... no, an extreme fan of Kung Fu, and I dreamt of one day becoming a master worthy of fighting alongside the Five but mygirth and clumsiness made that dream seem unrealistic, and let's be honest. My kung fu experience was academic. I had an encyclopedic knowledge of moves and artifacts, but had never trained under a master. I never told my dad. I was hesitant to express my desires to my dad who was always more interested in running his restaurant and advertising his famous 'secret ingredient soup'.

Master Shifu, a red panda who resides at the Jade Palace temple, practices kung fu every day in the courtyard with his students, the Furious Five: masters of the tiger, crane, monkey, viper, and mantis styles. Master Shifu studied under Grand Master Oogway. Fearing something was wrong, Shifu rushed to find him meditating in the grand hall. Oogway calmly told Shifu he's predicted that the snow leopard warrior, Tai Lung, will escape prison and return to the Valley of Peace to wreak destruction once again.

GM Oogway then proclaims that it is time to choose the Dragon Warrior; a master of great skill who will be granted the secrets of the universe by reading the Dragon Scroll, kept delicately out of reach on the temple ceiling. Assuming that one of the Furious Five will be chosen, Shifu prepares a competition to determine which one will qualify.

Flyers for the competition were spread throughout town and the villagers flock to the temple. Excited to have the opportunity to see my idols in person, I followed with my noodle cart in tow but, those stairs were murder. I was the last to arrive at the gates and found myself shut out. In a desperate bid to see the competition before it's over, I fashioned fireworks to the cart and blasted myself high into the air, only to come crashing down in the arena just as Oogway is preparing to choose out of the Five. Long story short, I'm the dragon warrior. And no one was more surprised that me!

Renewed with a sense of determination, I rose the next morning before anyone else and announced that I will stay to train. I trained a lot. And eventually, was a master of my own style: chubby panda style.

Meanwhile, Tai Lung, the bad guy, escaped from prison. After a protracted battle with Tai Lung, I learned that I had everything I needed in order to be the dragon warrior... inside. I mean, in my heart. Together with my friends, we could overcome any obstacle.
:O

Please....... teach me..... your.......... ways.......... ?

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
:O

Please....... teach me..... your.......... ways.......... ?
What I don't understand is, if someone wants to start an online class, should he at least post his picture, or personal video so we can all know who he is and what he can do?

It doesn't make any logical sense to me.

With just pictures like these, he will have many online students.

Chang-muscle.jpg

old-man-kick.jpg

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Did we treat our new member too unfriendly?

A: I'm the true hero of the east.
B: I'm the scorpion assassin of the west.
C: I'm the dragon knight of England.
D: I'm the blind monk of the Shaolin temple.
E: I'm the Kung Fu king.
F: I'm the 25 degree grand master of Karate.
G: I'm the God.
H: ...

Is that fun?

super-hero.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Discussions