Wing Chun & Jeet Kune Do

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
So are you saying that you don't consider Gary Lam Wing Chun to now be "broken" because he changed things from what WSLVT taught? Are you saying his Wing Chun isn't "broken" even though it seems quite different from PB's Wing Chun? If not, then you really need to clarify that. Because saying that you are "ok" with the fact that he changed things is not the same thing! So....Gary Lam WIng Chun..."broken"....or just as good as PB's Wing Chun? Which is it?

I just answered you, again! :facepalm:

But, by default, Gary Lam's system is now "broken" by your standards, since it is no longer WSLVT. Isn't that true?
No!

What part of "No!" are you having trouble with?

There is a difference between a valid variation and a broken system.

A variation is a result of innovation and still works.

If it's a result of misunderstanding the original and doesn't work, it's a broken system.

In most cases, it's immediately obvious which one they are, unless all you know is a broken system.

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just answered you, again! :facepalm:

----And I also just pointed out that saying it is "ok" is not the same as acknowledging that it isn't "broken"! So no, you hadn't answered.

There is a difference between a valid variation and a broken system.

A variation is a result of innovation and still works.

---OK! Now THAT"S an answer. Thanks for clarifying! But you didn't bother to answer my other questions. Why is that?

Latest Discussions