Wing Chun as a hobbie saves lives...

qwksilver61

Black Belt
Reaction score
I just wanted to share this with all Wing Chunners.Since my good friend Paul (my student) has taken up Wing Chun,he has quit smoking,curtailed his drinking,started to take care of himself though diet and exercise (former addict,years ago) and his wife is pregnant.He has been my student for 4 mos. now and is steadily making progress,way better than the gray pallor,gaunt looking person that I knew months ago,I am proud of him. I expect him to reach his first EBMAS student grade by the time the next seminar rolls around in Feb.'08 lets hear it for Paul!

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
???

Why is Paul special? I have five students who have done exactly the same thing and I expect that most people across the world do this all the time

I myself have lost four stone in four weeks on Atkins diet and training everyday. I don't want applause, I just want to live longer...

Brian Jones

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ummm.
It's not about this Paul being "special". His instructor simply wanted to congratulate him. Plus it's a way to see that martial arts cab save our lives beyond just a strict self defense interpretation.

Brian Jones

OP
Q

qwksilver61

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not trying to score points here.....This is after all a Martial arts forum. I was merely pointing to the fact that I have enriched someones life by introducing Wing Tsun,I'm not trying to Promote myself.That's all.It's a good thing and not a bad thing.Any real good stories out there?nothing too serious?too sad?Oh, and thanks Brian.

Spartan

Green Belt
Reaction score
It's good to hear that Paul's found a positive outlet. Despite how anyone feels, I don't think your trying to win brownie points.

I think it definetly reflects positively on you as an instructor Qwksilver61.

Keep up the good work.

Latest Discussions