Will XingYi Quan confuse / conflict with my Wing Chun?

letsplaygames

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I don't know other people's opinions. I can only express my own opinion.
John... is it John Wang?
either way... Yes 100% agree. The amount of techniques or Quan should never define the quality of the system.

Ming Jin
An Jin
Hua Jin
Make up the Xingyiquan skill

Ming Jin is where one learn the gross or large body mechanics. IMO .. It's probably the most important, will be relied upon the most... and if isn't cultivated, refined consistently, effects both the other.

My sifu at an advance age could kick over his head, he always returned to Ming Jin. at 56 I'm no different. I if I can find a video of all the Di Fa I poses I'll post it... although I'm always reluctant... i.e. Everybody is a master on the internet..

Last edited:

letsplaygames

Orange Belt
Reaction score
There is something to be said about getting lots of mileage out of less material. Any method is lazy if you let yourself be lazy in your training. Less material? Do more of it, and figure out how to apply it creatively. Train hard. Push yourself.

That's where I'm going with
Ming Jin
An Jin
Hua Jin.

Ming Jin is where all the hard work is. It where all the practical is at. So many in Xingyiquan short change it. You see it in other arts as well ... Not just in the west, I see it across the globe on the internet.

One can train Ming jin, maintain it, cultivate with one kick... without the sweat that comes along with Ming... refinement that happens in An.. small circles, short power, off timing applique etc will never happen.

One doesn't get to An... then forget about Hua Jin, where you are not thinking, but just doing... that will never happen.

Seeing people on the internet that have subjugated this process.. Why even comment,

Latest Discussions