Why

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why is it that everything seems to go wrong at the worst times (not that there is a good time for bad things to happen). Like many people I have the day off from work. People are comeing over for dinner and aI ned to get some studying done sooner or later today. Not so bad so far but it's 5 degrees F outside and My furnace just craped out. Its freezing in here. My land lord is out of town till tomorrow. I sure hope the oven warms things up a little.
Oh ya I took my wife to work at 5:30 this morning (at leats she'll be warm ) now I get to play in the kitchen( ThaT MIGHT BE HER WORST NIGHTMARE):D
sHADOW

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My sympathies to you. No heat that's horrible. It was a whopping 18 here yesterday, looking for more of the same today. Maybe fortunately for me I get to go to my wife's mother's house today for thanksgiving. It's only 100 miles one way but at least I hope the turkey is good.:D

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Im going to my mothers also today she cooked the turkey 3 days ago I sure hope its done :D
The meal will be cold except for what she burns at the last minute but then she is 80 and cant really tast it. I'll tell her how good it is and well have a grerat ime. Then I'll come home and have pizza

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
oh that's miserable Shadow.. can you get to Walmart or Kmart.. they have those portable oil heaters that really warm up an area.. close off rooms that you aren't using..~!! I don't know why things go wrong when they do.. but we've all been there~!
If you don't have anyplace other than home to go to, Bundle up~!!

Tess

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador

Yeah, sounds like a good time for space heaters.

I do feel for ya east coast people. I understand it gets mighty chilly there :(

Well, not to rub it in or anything and don't shoot me, but we MAists here in Southern Cal are very fortunate. We had a pleasant, high of 80 degrees yesterday. The required outfit for Thanksgiving Day here is shorts, tee shirts and sunglasses... :ubercool:

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the report from So. Calif. I miss not being there at times but I dont get shot at up here just for walking down the street.
It finaly made it up to 50 in the house. Something is deffinately wrong with the heating system but the landlord said he'll be by tomorrow to check on it Wooopeee:D
We made it to my mothers place. The turkey was cold The potatoes where cooked yesterday and half warmed up I have no idea what she did to the pies and I wont even start to discribe them. She found where she stuck the rolls as we where getting ready to leave. But I Love Her and she tries so hard.
Christmas will be at my place. My youngest son, and my wife will do the cooking. I'll supply the beverages(I cant screw that up to bad). And we'll go get my mom and bring her over for the day.
Holidays aren't about how good the food is they are about being a family get togeather and celebrateing love IMO

MY best to all of you
Shadow:asian:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by KenpoTess

oh that's miserable Shadow.. can you get to Walmart or Kmart.. they have those portable oil heaters that really warm up an area.. close off rooms that you aren't using..~!! I don't know why things go wrong when they do.. but we've all been there~!
If you don't have anyplace other than home to go to, Bundle up~!!

Tess

True, you got all that fur that Seig massacred. Any Mink Stoles in that bunch?:cool:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by tshadowchaser

Why is it that everything seems to go wrong at the worst times (not that there is a good time for bad things to happen). Like many people I have the day off from work. People are comeing over for dinner and aI ned to get some studying done sooner or later today. Not so bad so far but it's 5 degrees F outside and My furnace just craped out. Its freezing in here. My land lord is out of town till tomorrow. I sure hope the oven warms things up a little.
Oh ya I took my wife to work at 5:30 this morning (at leats she'll be warm ) now I get to play in the kitchen( ThaT MIGHT BE HER WORST NIGHTMARE):D
sHADOW

You might wanna get one of those "real cats" you have on your avatar, and stick him out up front. That'll get you your privacy!:D

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Had one almost as bad as the avatar. It put 3 people in the hospital in its time with some of the worst bite and claw wounds the doctors had ever seen. Darn thing had such a reputation that no one would enter my place till they knew which room the cat was in.
It died on natural causes (old age) at the age of 20, last year. The darn thing was mean as hell but damn I loved it and it was a part of the family. My youngest son had named it Animal after the wrestler. I miss the cat but im afraid his son may turn out as bad have to keep an eye on him all the time when strangers are around. Wounder if it is something in the gene pool?
By the way the land lord funaly got the furnace fixed. YA RIGHT!
Every 4 days I have to check on it because the pressure drops so low that water has to be put back in it or it'll fry the darn thing. Also dose not give off alot of heat when it's that low.

Latest Discussions