Why people move south

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
See...Brian likes snow because he doesn't get much of it. So for him it is a novelty. Now if he lived where I do where it gets bitching cold for months, he may have a different perspective. Just as, if I were living say in Florida, the sunshine and warm weather would probably get ho hum after a while....

Yeah....thats it...ho hum....(like hell ;) )

I lived in Fla for awhile and I came home for ONE WEEK and MISSED it, and damn near froze my butt off..

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It is all about being out in the elements. Trust me go dress warm and then practice your art out in the snow. (you will love it
icon14.gif
)

YES!!!!! GOOD IDEA... Lookout trees... here I come

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's an epidemic..Call FEMA..What am I saying???? Disregard...

Yes I could use more female options up here. Oh wait you meant some Federal Organization. I guess I would not want that. No reason to increase people's taxes for this. ;)

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes I could use more female options up here. Oh wait you meant some Federal Organization. I guess I would not want that. No reason to increase people's taxes for this. ;)
See, I told you, it's the bathing suits(all right, and what they contain)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
See, I told you, it's the bathing suits(all right, and what they contain)

With some of the suits I saw while in Fla YOU KNOW what they contain..Sometimes you see MORE than you want to and I better quit while I'm ahead..

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I am glad that you all had a little fun at this snow lover's expense! :rofl: Seriously though if you dress well and head out in the elements then training outside is great. It is not just snow but also raging storms where you are doing takedowns but the peson being taken down cannot open their eyes because the rain coming down is to much. Or training high in the mountains at a differant altitude. Plus water training at the beach as well! (for all the sun lovers) This type of training jump starts your system and makes you feel alive!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I am glad that you all had a little fun at this snow lover's expense! :rofl: Seriously though if you dress well and head out in the elements then training outside is great. It is not just snow but also raging storms where you are doing takedowns but the peson being taken down cannot open their eyes because the rain coming down is to much. Or training high in the mountains at a differant altitude. Plus water training at the beach as well! (for all the sun lovers) This type of training jump starts your system and makes you feel alive!

I was hoping to have MORE fun at your expense before we got serious..LOL..Seriously ignoring training in the great out-of-doors is a DANGEROUS habit..We don't encounter resisters ONLY on warm Summer days...

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was hoping to have MORE fun at your expense before we got serious..LOL..Seriously ignoring training in the great out-of-doors is a DANGEROUS habit..We don't encounter resisters ONLY on warm Summer days...

How true a statement that is!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

How true a statement that is!

Which is why I constantly hammer home the importance of a good stance..It will decrease your chances of having to roll around on the ice, snow, water...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's like talking to the wall sometimes...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I remember kneeling in a puddle of ice water for about 10 minutes holding a car load of bad people at gun point and waiting for the locals to arrive..Didn't feel the cold until way later....

Latest Discussions