• $south10.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 143
  • $south11.jpg
    $south11.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 144

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
When did you come to my town? And you didn't even stop by to say Hi.

Actually, I would move if it looked like a couple of thoses shots. I would dare say 80% do look like this area in the winter though. This time of year isn't so bad, around the end of march when there is still feet of snow on the ground, Key West looks mighty inviting.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
All that beautiful heaven sent snow isn't in the South. That stuff is why people go to the great white North!

DSC_6388_small.jpg
56262262_ff3d755a2d_m.jpg

0f3d9c5a39c7ace0e2f6319e0a6ad3e7.jpg

kenp007.jpg
0,,1837334_4,00.jpg

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those are great pictures and I wish that we were having a little more snow here in the Great Lakes State.

Are you insane??? More snow...As more me I heading West when retirement looms...

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Wow, great pics!

No fair, I want snow!!! :tantrum:

Still not home yet, but when that happens, snow would be great! Although, if the roads are clear I could take the bike for a spin......Silver lining? Think so! :uhyeah:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
if the roads are clear I could take the bike for a spin......Silver lining? Think so! :uhyeah:

If you take your baby out in the snow be sure to give her a good bath afterwards..I don't know about over there but the road crews here salt the bejeesus out of the streets, and salt corrodes metal..As for me I take all my ''baby's" out in the snow..

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
Look, it's plain and simple...
People move south for the bathing suits, period....
You know it, I know it, and since the bulk of the population is closer to the equator, they know it, as well...
Personally, I like it here in PA...cold, hot, wet, dry, windy, I don't care...

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is all about being out in the elements. Trust me go dress warm and then practice your art out in the snow. (you will love it
icon14.gif
)

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is all about being out in the elements. Trust me go dress warm and then practice your art out in the snow. (you will love it
icon14.gif
)

Attention all members:

Brian has lost his mind. Please excuse his rantings about snow being fun until we can get his meds under control and under no circumstance should you follow his advice! The men in nice white coats will be with him shortly.

Thank you.

Lisa :D

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
icon14.gif
)

I'm gonna arrange a "psychic eval" for Brian..Despite long johns, a ballistic vest, heavy jacket, hat, gloves..It's still COLD!!!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Attention all members:

Brian has lost his mind. Please excuse his rantings about snow being fun until we can get his meds under control and under no circumstance should you follow his advice! The men in nice white coats will be with him shortly.

Thank you.

Lisa

Lisa, I think a lot of would need meds. We really dislike the little snow, as one cannot ski, snowmobile and or train outside with clothes on, that one would wear for 3 to 5 months of the year. :)

And the guys in the White Jackets, only come when you ahve won teh big prize. The Prize being a really nice vacation. Where they put you in a a nice room with relaxing music that you like, and they put pillows/padding on all the walls and floor so no matter where you get tired you can just go to sleep. ;) We call this the big prize from where we work. :D

I'm gonna arrange a "psychic eval" for Brian..Despite long johns, a ballistic vest, heavy jacket, hat, gloves..It's still COLD!!!

It may be cold. But normally we live in Cold for a few months and should be able to train in what we wear and use to combat the cold. ;)

I know the Psychologists will be very busy, for once you start, you will most liekly have to test the whole state to understand why we are here at all. :D ;)

It is all about being out in the elements. Trust me go dress warm and then practice your art out in the snow. (you will love it )

Brian,

I like to train in the clothes jacket I would normally wear. This means the same ear muffs and scarf and jacket and gloves. Now this means that most of the time I have leather gloves and a leather jacket, although sometimes I do have a very heavy thermal jacket and I do go out and move in it just to see what I can do and not do. :)

The Snow causes drag on the feet and the ice underneath causes slip dangers, it helps one get their break falls down, as well as their footing. :D

I also like it just to walk and shadow box. But then again I am native born to this climate, and also grew up here, and most likely will live the next few years here as well. And I like to be prepared. Although I never said I did not need an eval. ;)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lisa, I think a lot of would need meds. We really dislike the little snow, as one cannot ski, snowmobile and or train outside with clothes on, that one would wear for 3 to 5 months of the year. :) . ;)

It's an epidemic..Call FEMA..What am I saying???? Disregard...

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
See...Brian likes snow because he doesn't get much of it. So for him it is a novelty. Now if he lived where I do where it gets bitching cold for months, he may have a different perspective. Just as, if I were living say in Florida, the sunshine and warm weather would probably get ho hum after a while....

Yeah....thats it...ho hum....(like hell ;) )

Latest Discussions