Why do martial arts?

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Have we noticed that there are many threads that the OP started a thread and then disappeared after that. This just make people to wonder, if one is not interested in the discussion, why did he even start a thread for?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
After you have retired, what will you do daily if you don't train MA?
Do you know a lot of people who only have one single hobby or interest?
Other than training MA, I can spend my time:
playing with grandkids
building cars
racing cars
building offroaders
going offroading
reading
gaming
programming
SCUBA trips
knife making
skydiving
traveling
is that list long enough?

J. Pickard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Why do martial arts? Well, I was just going outside to the mail while wearing my new white bathrobe and a hornet started buzzing around my head so naturally, I started swatting at it. The Neighbor kid thought I was doing Karate and joined in. Before I knew what was happening it was too late and he was calling me sensei. I didn't have the heart to correct him, he was having so much fun. So anyway, now I run a karate dojo.

J. Pickard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
What? You don't have pockets? I've got dobak pants from Century that have a hip pocket. Liked it so much I added a hip pocket to every dobak I own.
They also make traditional waist pants that have pockets on both sides just like jeans do.
The 10oz traditional waist brushed cotton pair. I have a few that are everyday wear just because they are durable and also comfortable.

SgtBarnes

Green Belt
Reaction score
I want to keep the spirit & philosophy of bruce lee alive
bruce-lee-boards (1).gif

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to keep the spirit & philosophy of bruce lee alive
But that statement is incorrect. Boards absolutely do hit back.
Are you gypsies?
No. According to my DNA, I'm 99.4% European. Which matches family history. Both sides of my family is of Scottish descent.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Why do martial arts? Well, I was just going outside to the mail while wearing my new white bathrobe and a hornet started buzzing around my head so naturally, I started swatting at it. The Neighbor kid thought I was doing Karate and joined in. Before I knew what was happening it was too late and he was calling me sensei. I didn't have the heart to correct him, he was having so much fun. So anyway, now I run a karate dojo.
That was awesome.

Latest Discussions