tsotofu-overseaschina.jpg

It's a tough one for me.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ohhh...tough choice. I just booked a session with my personal trainer. He wouldn't approve of one of these choices so I'm going to have to go with....

I'm gonna have to say General Choi.

Sorry General Tsao...

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
General Tso was the original Boogie Man. If memory serves he was like the Chinese Vlad Tebes. Muslim mothers would warn their children to behave or General Tso would come.
Sean

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
anybody know if Col Sanders got promoted to General yet?

images

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'l bet you it's available there. They know what Americans want to eat. And Vlad killed Muslims too.
Sean

You would lose the bet. You won't find chicken chow mein or fortune cookies there either

And there is a world of difference between what Vlad did and/or was accused of doing and what was done by Tso. If you want to compare him to Vlad so be it but it is a bad comparison historically. You might want to read up on the Taiping Rebellion.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For vastly different reasons
And both of them were tools of fear for the enemy... terrorists if you will. The reasons are not as different as you would like to believe but lets just agree to disagree. In Romania, Vlad Tebes is considered a hero of his times, and they base part of their economy on the tourism his legend provides. Its all in the perception.
Sean

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
And both of them were tools of fear for the enemy... terrorists if you will. The reasons are not as different as you would like to believe but lets just agree to disagree. In Romania, Vlad Tebes is considered a hero of his times, and they base part of their economy on the tourism his legend provides. Its all in the perception.
Sean

And one ended up the basis for Dracula and the other ended up with a Chicken dish named after him :rolleyes:

I already said if you want to compare him to Vlad go ahead… it is historically inaccurate but feel free to make the comparison if it makes you feel better.

By your comparison there are a lot of people both living and dead that Vlad could be compared to.. think about it.

And for the record I am familiar with the history of Vlad Țepeș too.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And one ended up the basis for Dracula and the other ended up with a Chicken dish named after him :rolleyes:

I already said if you want to compare him to Vlad go ahead… it is historically inaccurate but feel free to make the comparison if it makes you feel better.

By your comparison there are a lot of people both living and dead that Vlad could be compared to.. think about it.

And for the record I am familiar with the history of Vlad Țepeș too.
Boogie Man Chicken.:)

Latest Discussions