Who is training in Hwa Rang Do now?

geocad

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello all. I am trying to put together a list of MT brothers and sisters who are training in HRD right now or have in the past. I will use this list to frequently ask questions regarding short or long forms, terms, and/or technique clarification. I'm assuming most of the HRD forms are uniform throughout HRD. I may be wrong though.

Due to my location and budget constraints, I am not able to continue training with my former KJN (KC) at this time. I have not trained MA in quite awhile but have recently started up again (TKD). I put up a thread asking about former training partners but no one responded. Now I'm asking anyone willing to 'Help-a-brotha-out'.

My intensions are to try and get back to the point I was at when I stopped training, at least with the forms. My jumping 540 is coming back to me.

So, thanks for replying either through this thread or PM. For those of you who do/did know me, believe me when I say that I am serious and this is not just some half-a$$ attempt at reliving the old times. I even pulled out my old note book but it's kind of hard to decipher my chicken scratch.

Sincerely,

~G

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
G, that's about a 20 mile drive for you, I think. I'll do some asking around if you like?

OP
G

geocad

Green Belt
Reaction score
Actually, I live in Flagstaff now. It's a minimum 2 hour drive from my Flag house to the dojong (North Phoenix) providing the traffic is flowing (which is rare).

I went and visited KJN last Friday and said hello and explained my situation. I'm going to try and work something out with him so I can train when I come to town.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, I live in Flagstaff now. It's a minimum 2 hour drive from my Flag house to the dojong (North Phoenix) providing the traffic is flowing (which is rare).

I went and visited KJN last Friday and said hello and explained my situation. I'm going to try and work something out with him so I can train when I come to town.

I thought his school was in Mesa, sorry. I'm glad you went to see KJN. I'm sure something can be worked out, there has to be someone a little closer to you with whom you can practice.

kranes

White Belt
Reaction score
I wonder if you could tell me if Master Eric Lee still teaches HWD? Thank-you

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've heard that it's a right shame, too.

kranes

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you Mystic Warrior and Shesulsa. Do you happen to know if he is okay? I used to be friends with him and his family, and it seems so strange that there is no mention of him on their HRD website. Feel free to e-mail me privately if you prefer. Thanks.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you Mystic Warrior and Shesulsa. Do you happen to know if he is okay? I used to be friends with him and his family, and it seems so strange that there is no mention of him on their HRD website. Feel free to e-mail me privately if you prefer. Thanks.
Welcome to MT, kranes, I just noticed these are your first two posts. :)

I wouldn't know, personally. May I ask; For how long have you been friends with the family?

lulflo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey Buddy,

I have been studying HRD since 2000 and will be testing for black sash sometime in 2008. Hope to talk to you soon.

Farang - Larry

hwarang_do_adam

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
back to your first question i am training in hwarang do i can help you with your forms and judging by your 540 spin kick i would say you left as a blue sash and if you moved to flagstaff i have a feeling we both trained under the same kjn

Latest Discussions