Who is the most Impressive martial artis that you have personaly seen

KempoShaun

Green Belt
Reaction score
In Person (in no specific order!):
Bill Wallace (dropped me with a side kick to my head and I didn't even see him move!)
Chuck Norris
Feliciano "Kimo" Ferreira
Joe "KenpoJoe" Rebelo (For all his external art skills, his bagua I saw him do once amazed the heck out of me)
John Fritz
Mike Sawyer (Wado-Kai in FLA, and promoter of the US-Open Karate Championships at Disney on the July 4th weekend)
Nick Cerio

In Videos:
Ed Parker
Hironori Otsuka
Victor "Sonny" Gascon (Though I've met him a few times, I've only see him move on some footage)

I'm probably missing a few too...

NOZR1

White Belt
Reaction score
For me it's a tie between Paul Mills and Gilbert Velez. Both are awesome and very humble.

Hye Kenpo Nar

White Belt
Reaction score
the most impressive martial artist i've seen and trained with many times has to be Mr. Jeff Speakman. hands down.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My old roomate. The guy was from China and denied being any good at martial arts ( which was bull ). He was by far the fastest I've known, I'm pretty fast but he could kick me and I wouldn't even see where the kick came from.

Marcus Buonfiglio

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have had the opportunity to train with some of the greatest Kenpoists of the early years and some of the new generation. Worked out with Bob Liles, Vinton Koklich, Diane Tanaka, John Sepulveda (student of his for 14 years) Clarence Craig, Andre Simms, Craig McCoy, Tom Garriga, Douglas Eaton, Wes Idol, Mark Foster, Darryl Simpson, Larry Beltramo, Vinny Anfuso and others. Participated in seminars with and have been hit by Mr. Parker, Larry Tatum, Tom Kelly, Brian Duffy, Steve LaBounty, Frank Trejo, Paul Dye, & Howard Silva. All of these people are EXCELLENT Kenpoists and can absolutely bang but the one that impressived me the most, the one that hit me and dominated me physically like no other was Michael Pick. I have been his student for 13 years and I am even more impressed with his Kenpo now than before.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
A Southern Mantis practitioner who also said he was not that good.

Most unfortunately I do not remember his name, but I do remember how hard and fast he could hit.

Bob White

Green Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say it was Steve Sanders. He was able to apply kenpo techniques while competing. Many people are fast when nobody is hitting back but to apply our techniques and protect yourself at the same time is different. He was something special in the ring. In the 60`s he certainly made us proud to wear our kenpo patch.
Bob White

kenpoman2006

White Belt
Reaction score
Steve White www.neckf.com He's the best instructor I know of ,That produce students which demonstrat skills in which perpetuatted from him. :asian:

:-offtopic If anyone Knows a EPAK school which teaches the art in Phoenix Az I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you Scott

Arizona Angel

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Steve White www.neckf.com He's the best instructor I know of ,That produce students which demonstrat skills in which perpetuatted from him. :asian:

:-offtopic If anyone Knows a EPAK school which teaches the art in Phoenix Az I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you Scott
Hi, Scott and welcome to Martial Talk. There are several good schools in PHX although I have not been to visit any of them myself. I know that Dennis Conatser is in Scottsdale, about 64th St & T bird. I'll see what else I can round up.

OP
A

Atlanta-Kenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I would also have to say that Dian Tanaka is the badest woman that i have ever met. She thumped me harder then any man (besides Zach and Al). The best thing about Dian is that she will give you a great big hug before and after your whoopin.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
For me, they have had only first names, and have existed in the past, when I was involved in the martial arts. Sadly they and their kind have become very far, and very few between. They were the ones, regardless of the ranks, styles, systems, and patches worn on their chests, that were able to see all of the other practitoners as brothers and sisters. They didn't care to ask who, or what. They simply accepted, and just cared about working out and exchanging ideas, in an honest, and free manner. I hope they are still out there, and conducting themselves in the same mindset, inspite of the poison that has been infecting the world of martial arts. The poison of the fighting over patches worn, styles learned, or learning, and teachers, that the've learned from. It is my hope, that we all could share in that mindset one day, so that we ALL can be on this list. So, for now, my vote goes to those very few, who are like this already.

I truly mean this everyone.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
It was my great honor to attend a seminar this past Spetember with the current martial abbot (head of the Kung Fu program) of the Northern Shaolin Temple...

Watching Abbott Shi De Li perform the 5-animals form was nothing short of inspiring!

That one is going to be hard for me to top!

Your Brother in the arts,

Andrew

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
In no particular order:

Phil Messina
Randy Coture
Paul de Thoaurs
Dan Inosanto
Stevan Plinck
An 8th Dan Judo player whose name I can't remember