• I don't have a yard

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This morning, as I weeded a garden bed and started pulling the old edging (cement test cylinders I picked up free) with the new edging (red cement trapezoids), and my neighbors drove by, saying hi and nodding approvingly at what I was doing, while their lawn services did their yard work for them, I began to wonder - am I the only remaining homeowner who does my own yard work?

Vote for as many as apply.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Both my husband and I do our yardwork. He does the upkeep to the grass, hedges and trees and I do the planting and maintainiing of the flower beds, etc.

I actually enjoy it. It is relaxing and fun to see my hard work bloom. :)

jlhummel

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Nope not just you, I do my own yard work and at the most I have help from certain children sentenced to hard yard labor for sins against humanity and / or their parents.

:)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I mow the lawn and take care of the lawn.

My mother-in-law does just about everything else

My youngest daughter likes to help by digging holes whenever she gets the chance :)

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I chop up wood (we have alot of trees) and raking. I always tell my mom I will do more, but she always refuses. She enjoys it too much.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Me wife and childern I find it relaxing to do and plus I enjoy the hell out of it or maybe I am just to cheap to pay someone.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not sure how to answer in the poll, as both Daphne and I do yard work, Adrian is now starting to mow the lawn, and we have people come in to do specialized stuff like æration for us...

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I voted for "other" because my fiance and I share the yard work. Although, she takes care of the flowers etc. all on her own.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I find tended my garden to be one of the most relaxing and rewarding things that I do. I love to help things grow and my missus is convinced I must have some 'druid' in me as I have a knack of bringing plants back from the brink of death.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
90%me, 10% spouse when he feels like it.

No you're not the only one by any means!

And consider how much your neighbors are missing out on in the long run.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My parents (who are in their 80's) got rid of their lawn maintainence equipment years ago and have been using a professional service at $40.00 every two weeks.
The guy does a good job, well enough, knows when to cut down the flowering plants that my mother has around the house and does bits and pieces of odd stuff now and again.
Since I've moved back with them I'm doing the bits and pieces now, weeding here and there.
I don't have much of a green thumb anyway, but do whatever needs to be done.

M'dad wanted to get rid of the guy and buy a new mower/weed-eater because I'm here now... but m'mum voted him down. :idunno: oh well.

Tomu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Me. Just finished about an hour ago. My wife usually helps, but she has be banned from the mower since she has busted out the windows in our new van twice in the last two months.
Oh well.

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hubby. 100%

Years ago, before we had any house, he insisted that the 'outdoor work' was his domain, and the 'indoor work' was mine. So, for years he would come home to the apartment from work and relax...while wifey did everything. Then we bought a house with about 2 acres of lawn and woods. I do offer to help...in exchange for housekeeping...but he never takes me up on it.

I always keep my promises. :)

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
You need a "we do the yard work" choice. My wife does the weeding and the flow bed planting. I do the mowing, trimming, edging, leaf raking, and limb trimming.

OP
Kacey

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You need a "we do the yard work" choice. My wife does the weeding and the flow bed planting. I do the mowing, trimming, edging, leaf raking, and limb trimming.

That's why I set the poll up so you can choose multiple options - select all that apply.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's why I set the poll up so you can choose multiple options - select all that apply.

Ah, I didn't realize that (overlooked the last sentence)&#8212;now I can answer!

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I do it, but, I keep it to a minimum by not watering the lawn at all.

Mr G

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm trying to convince my neighbors that I am "Restoring the native prairie grass". At least that's my excuse for not mowing....

Live True

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My husband and I both do it as a way to relax, get outdoors, and get some exercise in a practical way. We both love it. He does most of the lawn mowing and insists on mowing with a push mower, because it's kinda a meditative thing for him. When he mowed 2 1/2 acres, it took a long time, but he came in so relaxed and happy.....

I do the gardens and beds and miscellaneous yard work. I love spending time in teh dirt!

We are slowly reclaiming the wilderness into functional yard areas, but we intend to keep a good section as wild for the critters.

Nice post, thank you!