OP
mastercole

mastercole

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Longboat Key over looking Sarasota Bay, at least u
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Gorilla

Yong Sup Lee is the teacher of my childrens GM.

Your children's grandmaster was the one who told us his teacher invented Koryo 1 and Pyongwon.

By they way, mastercole and I have given out the answers to these questions before, so it shouldn't be the difficult, if you have been following us for any length of time.

I think we are talking about GM Yong Sup Shin? He is a really cool guy. We went to World University Taekwondo Championships together as members of the US National Collegiate Team, in Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico. GM Shin and a few others wanted to go deep sea fishing out of Santiago Bay in the Pacific Ocean. Master Sammy Pejo arranged a fun day trip and we caught some small Yellow Jack/Tuna's. Here is a photo of me with GM Shin, he is upfront with hat and shades, opposite side from me. Standing next to him is GM Yoon Kak Kim, that bag he is holding is full of the meat from my Yellow Jack! Notice the side has been filleted. We ate part of it sashimi style right at the dock with some kochujang paste.

Anyone know the rest of these Taekwondoin?

ALCollegegroupfish1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Master Cole you are correct. GM Shin is a great man. I recognize Jimmy Kim.

Puunui...GM Lee from what I understand was on the committee that put those forms together.

GM Shin has been a great influence on my children.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Master Sammy Pejo arranged a fun day trip and we caught some small Yellow Jack/Tuna's. Here is a photo of me with GM Shin, he is upfront with hat and shades, opposite side from me. Standing next to him is GM Yoon Kak Kim, that bag he is holding is full of the meat from my Yellow Jack!

We call those ahi in hawaii, and it is used for making sashimi. I have a huge gyotaku of one hanging in my bedroom.

Anyone know the rest of these Taekwondoin?

ALCollegegroupfish1.jpg

Second from the right is Master Jimmy Kim. I want to say third from the left standing to the left of you and sammy is PARK Bong Kwon, but not sure. Female in the back looks like Jennifer Srutowski.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
GM [Yong Sup] Lee from what I understand was on the committee that put those forms together.

Yes, he was Song Moo Kwan Jang at the time and was the Song Moo Kwan representative on the committee. After he passed away, GM KANG Won Sik became the 3rd Song Moo Kwan Jang. GM Kang co-authored the Modern History book and is currently serving at Kukkiwon president.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am not actually sure if that is Jennifer or Miranda. Chris Spence is standing next to Bong Kwon Park, next to Jennifer I think is Mr. Palmieri (sp) I forget the first name.

Come to think of it, that might be Miranda Hinrichs. I believe Mr. Palmieri's first name is Bill.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes, he was Song Moo Kwan Jang at the time and was the Song Moo Kwan representative on the committee. After he passed away, GM KANG Won Sik became the 3rd Song Moo Kwan Jang. GM Kang co-authored the Modern History book and is currently serving at Kukkiwon president.

My kids have a very short lineage to the Song Moo Kwan founder GM Byung Jik Ro. The way GM Shin runs his school is very close to how the founder wanted it. When you read about his belt teting it is almost exactly the same as tae ryong's tests. My kids also train in Shotokan and you can definitely see the Karate influence form Funakoshi Sensei.

We have a very strong lineage and are very lucky to have stumbled upon it initially but smart enough to take full advantage of what came our way. In two martial arts btw.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
My kids have a very short lineage to the Song Moo Kwan founder GM Byung Jik Ro. The way GM Shin runs his school is very close to how the founder wanted it. When you read about his belt teting it is almost exactly the same as tae ryong's tests. My kids also train in Shotokan and you can definitely see the Karate influence form Funakoshi Sensei. We have a very strong lineage and are very lucky to have stumbled upon it initially but smart enough to take full advantage of what came our way. In two martial arts btw.

The Song Moo Kwan is by far the smallest of the original five kwan, but its members are close knit, especially now with the Song Moo Kwan Jang serving as the Kukkiwon president.

Latest Discussions