When the professor married with his student

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
When two people that has different culture, religion, race and nationality can be brought together because of their love for the art...

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
When two people that has different culture, religion, race and nationality can be brought together because of their love for the art...

he needs to practise that kata, its rubbish

OP
Reedone816

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well what to expect after glasses of champagne...

Dong xiao hu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It is not a kata it is all free form. This is the wedding roda. I'm not sure when the tradition started in capoeira.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good for you.
Any change in your position in the school?
The one above transitioned to be his school manager aside as student.

We talked to school management when we decided to court each other. I was given a shell title as instructor as there is a policy against student-teacher relationships. Now that we are married, I no longer have that title. I understand why, a lot of people would throw a stupid fit about student-teacher relationships being unprofessional, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My wife married her instructor.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
[emoji3] ha!

Wedding.jpg
And, yes, I know, hers is the better kick. But she had a better instructor than I did. :)

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
View attachment 21044
And, yes, I know, hers is the better kick. But she had a better instructor than I did. :)
You look like you’re struggling far more with that kick than she is.

Or did that feeling of “what the hell did I just vow to do?” hit you at the exact same moment the photographer hit the shutter button? I’ve got that pic too :)

Nice tux. I’d have taken you for the powder blue tux with the ruffles shirt rather than the one you’re wearing. Think Harry Dunn. :)

Last edited:

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
SWMBO and I met through the Taekwondo school. We kept it low key. My instructor knew we were an item, but nobody else did until we "came out", so to speak, at a regional tournament when she was a green belt. When I took over as the chief instructor, we had a high rank in the area that we would do joint testings with. Whenever it came time to discuss her testing among the judges, I would put my pen down and not score her. I'd answer any questions that they asked about her, but I always took the recommendation from the judging panel as her result. Word got out that that was happening and there has never been a question raised about favoritism or bias. It stayed that way until we both got high enough in rank that we started testing at national events instead of local/regional testings.

She and I now co-own the school. And I must admit - for all that I have gotten from my Taekwondo training, I definitely won the gold medal by having her be part of my life.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
SWMBO and I met through the Taekwondo school. We kept it low key. My instructor knew we were an item, but nobody else did until we "came out", so to speak, at a regional tournament when she was a green belt. When I took over as the chief instructor, we had a high rank in the area that we would do joint testings with. Whenever it came time to discuss her testing among the judges, I would put my pen down and not score her. I'd answer any questions that they asked about her, but I always took the recommendation from the judging panel as her result. Word got out that that was happening and there has never been a question raised about favoritism or bias. It stayed that way until we both got high enough in rank that we started testing at national events instead of local/regional testings.

She and I now co-own the school. And I must admit - for all that I have gotten from my Taekwondo training, I definitely won the gold medal by having her be part of my life.
She reads your posts, doesn’t she?
:) :) :)

Sorry, I couldn’t help it.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Steven Seagal always brags about being one of the only white people to ever own and run an Aikido dojo in japan. he says it as if he was so talented and special that the Japanese made an exception for him. the truth is it was his new brides father"s dojo and when the father died it went to steven's wife.
of course then he abandoned his wife and kids and went off to marry Kelly Labrock in a case of bigamy, marrying in mexico since it was illegal in the US. but thats another story.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
She reads your posts, doesn’t she?
:) :) :)

Sorry, I couldn’t help it.
No problem. Actually, she doesn't. She's not big on message boards. Everybody knows who she is because I talk about her all the time, but she rarely posts anything. She doesn't even have a login on most of the boards I hang out on.

(That I know of, anyway :eek:)

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Steven Seagal always brags about being one of the only white people to ever own and run an Aikido dojo in japan. he says it as if he was so talented and special that the Japanese made an exception for him. the truth is it was his new brides father"s dojo and when the father died it went to steven's wife.
of course then he abandoned his wife and kids and went off to marry Kelly Labrock in a case of bigamy, marrying in mexico since it was illegal in the US. but thats another story.
Seagal is such a nice guy. Just a great all around fella.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We talked to school management when we decided to court each other. I was given a shell title as instructor as there is a policy against student-teacher relationships. Now that we are married, I no longer have that title. I understand why, a lot of people would throw a stupid fit about student-teacher relationships being unprofessional, yadda, yadda, yadda.

We dated for nine years before we married. Outside of a couple of the instructors who were long time training partners, nobody had any idea. Some thought I had something against her as I trained her harder than anyone else.
When word got out that we were marrying, some asked, "when did that start?" The usual reply was "when you were about eleven."

Latest Discussions