When did you start practicing on the wooden dummy?

Phobius

Black Belt
Reaction score
To me the only explanation is money. Dummies cost money and also teaching dummy forms to students cannot be done in huge places where you
have 50 people running around. Doing drills is much easier you just need 2 people training with each other.

This highly bothers me when I feel like a school simply withholds dummies with silly explanations for monetary reasons.

Also he said dummies don't come before the 4th degree. And guess what? Before you can even get there you have to do
all kinds of exams which also cost extra money. It's all far out in the future. Seems a bit like scientology. Oh yeah you will get there
one day it only costs a lot of money and time..

1. Dummies do not replace drills! They are not sparring or application. Dummy is to improve attributes needed to fight, it does not teach fighting. Before you know how to fight you have no clue what attributes you need to improve.

2. You want a cheap school that charges nothing. Give up trying to find a dummy, where you are going they have no dummies.

3. Exams cost money for the instructor. You cost him time that he could have spent teaching more promising students of his that show loyalty and may some day take over or help out more. He charges you because when you quit 3 months later at least he did not just invest time for no benefit, having a job that pays lousy living in a shitty apartment and doing all he can to make ends meet.

4. Quit any hope of martial art if you do not think "you will get there one day, it only costs a lot of money and time" is a thing for you. Better watch YouTube, it is a faster path to becoming a master ninja.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
To me the only explanation is money. Dummies cost money and also teaching dummy forms to students cannot be done in huge places where you
have 50 people running around. Doing drills is much easier you just need 2 people training with each other.

This highly bothers me when I feel like a school simply withholds dummies with silly explanations for monetary reasons.

Also he said dummies don't come before the 4th degree. And guess what? Before you can even get there you have to do
all kinds of exams which also cost extra money. It's all far out in the future. Seems a bit like scientology. Oh yeah you will get there
one day it only costs a lot of money and time..
How dare he try and save money. He should put his whole life savings into the school and sleep on the mats just so some lazy punk can waste his time and turn up and tell him he's doing everything wrong

OP
K

kehcorpz

Blue Belt
Reaction score
But the forms are pretty useless imo. They teach you stuff where you don't even know what this is all about.
Bruce Lee also said that forms are useless.

This is like sitting at home with a car wheel mounted to your fesk and then you practice turning the wheel from side to side.
This doesn't teach you how to drive.

OP
K

kehcorpz

Blue Belt
Reaction score
H.

3. Exams cost money for the instructor. You cost him time that he could have spent teaching more promising students of his that show loyalty and may some day take over or help out more. He charges you because when you quit 3 months later at least he did not just invest time for no benefit, having a job that pays lousy living in a shitty apartment and doing all he can to make ends meet.

I don't even want exams! But they force you to take them. Again, to make money.

Why force people to do silly exams? I want to learn to crush attackers not to get a paper to hang over my toilet. Gosh.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't even want exams! But they force you to take them. Again, to make money.

Why force people to do silly exams? I want to learn to crush attackers not to get a paper to hang over my toilet. Gosh.
Lol you crush attackers a gust of wind would probably put you down and no no one forces you to take exams shows how little you know you don't want to take them don't turn up to the test no one will force you to turn up you could easily stay a white belt forever it'd be pretty stupid because you'd be stuck learning the very basic moves forever but then again you're not known around here for how smart you are

OP
K

kehcorpz

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I simply cannot stand it when I am forced to do something. This brings out the rebel in me.
I never could stand that.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
But the forms are pretty useless imo. They teach you stuff where you don't even know what this is all about.

This is like sitting at home with a car wheel mounted to your fesk and then you practice turning the wheel from side to side.
Kid you are absolutely hilariously dumb forms are basically shadow boxing a way to do cardio and practice basics without a partner.....why the hell am I even telling you this your probably to busy jerking off crouching tiger hidden dragon and crying because your local club won't teach you how to fly like jet li

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I simply cannot stand it when I am forced to do something. This brings out the rebel in me.
Wow what a badass we're all shaking in our boots now watch out for the rebel sitting at his computer

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
very mature response...
Why should I bother giving a troll advice you're never going to train you're to lazy and arrogant. Tell you what we've got a section here members in motion post a video of yourself training hitting a punch bag shadow boxing anything lets see what you can actually do because you ask questions but then act like you have all the answers this is a genuine request do it. Prove that you're a fraction of a step above a pathetic keyboard warrior

Phobius

Black Belt
Reaction score

You did not do well in school, right?

Exams are a way to make sure a student has reached his/her milestone and that no information needed for a certain level of skill has been gone missing.

In your case do not worry, noone will force you to do an exam. There are no exams for YouTube warriors.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You did not do well in school, right?

Exams are a way to make sure a student has reached his/her milestone and that no information needed for a certain level of skill has been gone missing.

In your case do not worry, noone will force you to do an exam. There are no exams for YouTube warriors.
This guys got to be a troll surely I really can't believe anyone can be this dumb and annoying

anerlich

Brown Belt
Reaction score

You aren't being forced to do anything, you are being offered a choice whether to train with a particular teacher or not. That teacher quite rightly has some structure to his curriculum and requires a certain amount of discipline and ... coachability. Teaching for money is perfectly acceptable. There are expenses for equipment, hall hire/rent, uniforms, etc. This is not a charity program.

No teacher could possibly live up to your continually changing and unreasonable standards and demands. What teacher in their right mind would want or put up with you as a student?

Last edited:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But the forms are pretty useless imo.
Thank you for sharing your opinion. You do have a right to an opinion. However, you are ignorant and show no promise of ever being open to learning. So, your opinion is worthless. You do have a right to your opinion, but when you share it, we have a right to laugh at you for it.

So.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

You are a fool.

Pat M

Orange Belt
Reaction score

Hi kehcorpz,

thank you so much for joining the forum I feel you are going to provide endless entertainment and enjoyment to me reading your posts.

Are you an active student at a school?
If not join one.
Forms do have a purpose if you ask you may even find out what they are all about.
Given you do not see value in them as per what Bruce Lee thought, then why are you not seeking out a JKD school.

Plus I must ask what is this "fesk" with a wheel?

Last edited:
OP
K

kehcorpz

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Are you an active student at a school?

No not yet. First I need to figure out what kind of martial art to do. I'm pretty confused about this.

All the time I thought wing chun is good cause it has a simple approach. But the more and more I see the more
sceptical I become that wing chun is really that helpful.

Pat M

Orange Belt
Reaction score
No not yet. First I need to figure out what kind of martial art to do. I'm pretty confused about this.

All the time I thought wing chun is good cause it has a simple approach. But the more and more I see the more
sceptical I become that wing chun is really that helpful.

Then I would suggest join a school.
Form of Martial Art?
It does not matter, just get some time in a MA school environment.
Ask no more qustions just give something anything a go.

It may take some time to find what suits you but you will never find it here or anywhere else on the Internet or in a book.

You have to touch, feel, like, or dislike.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Then I would suggest join a school.
Form of Martial Art?
It does not matter, just get some time in a MA school environment.
Ask no more qustions just give something anything a go.

It may take some time to find what suits you but you will never find it here or anywhere else on the Internet or in a book.

You have to touch, feel, like, or dislike.

This has been said to him in so many ways. He'll respond by "I don't want to make a 12 contract commitment, find out it sucks after a week, and be forced to pay for the rest of the year."

As an FYI, there are ways out of a contract. I'm sure you could convince a doctor that you have a medical condition which results in you no longer being able to train. Let one see your posts here, and they'll easily come up with a mental illness without any hesitation.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No teacher could possibly live up to your continually changing and unreasonable standards and demands. What teacher in their right mind would want or put up with you as a student?

This all day. I highly doubt any teacher would hold him to a 12 month contract after about 5 minutes with him. Even keeping him around solely as a punching bag would get quite old, and really fast too.

kakkattekoi

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I emailed one school and asked the instructor if they have dummies and how exactly this works, wether you can
train on them whenever you like to.

He said that training on dummies makes no sense at all unless you have trained a few years and reached a certain degree I think he
said 4. degree, whatever this means.

Is this normal? To me this sounds like a cheap excuse for not having to provide dummies for the students to practice on.

And I can almost bet that in order to even reach this necessary degree you have to take private lessons which cost extra.

What's your take on this?

I heard that you should start with the dummy early on cause it offers benefits.

i hv been learning wc for almost 2 years and not yet advanced to bil jee
to me im not in a hurry to do wooden dummy form since it involve a lot of technic from.the 3 forms. but.occasionally i practice on it when no one is available for chi sao

Latest Discussions