Wheelchair Blackbelt (ViD)

Dworkingham

White Belt
Reaction score
This is an awesome clip from the Karate Kid Fan Documentary on YouTube, about a kid who uses a wheelchair who attains his black belt. A little inspiration for the New Year...

The entire documentary can be found on this YouTube channel... http://www.youtube.com/dworkingham

Last edited by a moderator:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good for him, and a big thanks to all instructors who work hard to help dedicated students such as these!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I applaud all who have disabilities but endeavor to do things most people think they will never do

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is a very humbling video. The next time I or one of my students decide they really don't want to train we are going to watch that video. Very inspirational.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In a word... Inspiring. :asian:

Couldn't help but laugh at the "human pinata" line...
but it's a great thing to see an accomplishment like that.

I'd have to disagree with Martin Kove on his assessment of the Rocky movie though. Both films still carry to today. While KK does continue to inspire. Rocky continues (for me) to be a great film with it's own message of inspiration.

OP
D

Dworkingham

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for checking it out, everyone! I'm glad you liked Clay's story.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have a CP friend who can toss me over his shoulder and is magic with knives and bombs. He likes to say, "No one ever suspects the crippled little bastard in the wheelchair". He's my inspiration for never trusting people in wheelchairs.