What's your 'bible' ?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are your books specific to TKD or just MA in general? Could you point me toward them?
Specific to MooDukKwan TKD. I worked with our KJN and wrote what are essentially textbooks. I have always given students a PDF version on CD or flash drive for free, but they're on Blurb in PDF or printed form. Just like my teaching, this was never intended as a money making project.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Specific to MooDukKwan TKD. I worked with our KJN and wrote what are essentially textbooks. I have always given students a PDF version on CD or flash drive for free, but they're on Blurb in PDF or printed form. Just like my teaching, this was never intended as a money making project.

Thank you. While I don’t know much of anything about TKD I am interested in the writings of any long term martial arts instructor.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. While I don’t know much of anything about TKD I am interested in the writings of any long term martial arts instructor.
As I said, they're textbooks. General info, style history, instructions on how to do forms, tie your belt, tests, that sort of thing.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
As I said, they're textbooks. General info, style history, instructions on how to do forms, tie your belt, tests, that sort of thing.
Ah… tie my belt! That my friend is worth the price of admission. Then I can look the part when I show up for the children’s sparring class. All joking aside, is there a difference in the belt tying from say BJJ?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah… tie my belt! That my friend is worth the price of admission. Then I can look the part when I show up for the children’s sparring class. All joking aside, is there a difference in the belt tying from say BJJ?
I should clarify. It shows ONE way to tie your belt. It's not the only way, and I don't care how it's done, as long as it ends up reasonably even and neat.
You said books, do you have other titles in print?
Two editions. The first edition only included the 1st Kicho form, the Palgwae forms, and Koryo. The second edition adds two more Kicho forms, the Taegeuk forms, and the Yudanja forms Keumgang, and Taebaek. Basically, everything required to reach 3rd Dan MDK or 4th Dan KKW.

But there's no deep philosophical ramblings, personal anecdotes, or Secret Magic Chi Balls beyond a very brief overview of the meanings of the forms.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I should clarify. It shows ONE way to tie your belt. It's not the only way, and I don't care how it's done, as long as it ends up reasonably even and neat.

Two editions. The first edition only included the 1st Kicho form, the Palgwae forms, and Koryo. The second edition adds two more Kicho forms, the Taegeuk forms, and the Yudanja forms Keumgang, and Taebaek. Basically, everything required to reach 3rd Dan MDK or 4th Dan KKW.

But there's no deep philosophical ramblings, personal anecdotes, or Secret Magic Chi Balls beyond a very brief overview of the meanings of the forms.
Damnit! Give me your secrets!

Latest Discussions