What's your "Alignment"?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, posting it in the Study for a few reasons, one to get a better handle on folks.

I'm curious. If you're a regular, I'd appreciate it if you humor me and take these couple of quizes and post back your results. Answer them honestly, so we're as accurate as can be.

Yes, they're kinda goofy. But, humor me.

Danke.

:)

D&D Alignment Test
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b

Another Test
http://www.easydamus.com/alignmenttest.html

Ultima Personality Test
http://www.beastwithin.org/users/wwwwolf/hacks/avatar/

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My results

D&D Alignment Test
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Neutral[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.[/FONT]

Another Test
True Neutral- A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment because it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.

Ultima Personality Test
Thou hast shown that Compassion is the Virtue thou art most familiar with. Thou art a Bard, and thou shalt begin the Quest of the Avatar in Britain, the city of Compassion.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Results, Uncertain. Try again later.
;)

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I find the suggestion I'm "compassionate" to be humorous, as I've been told how heartless I am when I suggest eliminating all these social programs, and what not.

I find the 'Neutral" tag to be interesting as well. I've taken those 2 tests a few times now, and keep being in the neutral realm. I went purposefully selfish and got chaotic evil. lol

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, I will probably be surprised by the outcome...who knows, I migt be a rightwinger after all!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I coulda done a political poll, but, where's the fun in that? I always rank 100% libertarian, lol.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your Character’s Alignment[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral Good.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Neutral Good[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.[/FONT]

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am apparently Evil.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lawful Evil[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A lawful evil villain methodically takes what he wants within the limits of his code of conduct without regard to whom it hurts. He cares about tradition, loyalty, and order, but not about freedom, dignity, or life. He plays by the rules, but without mercy or compassion. He is comfortable in a hierarchy and would like to rule, but he is willing to serve. He condemns others not according to their actions but according to race, religion, homeland, or social rank. He is loath to break laws or promises. This reluctance is partly because of his nature and partly because he depends on order to protect himself from those who oppose him on moral grounds. Some lawful evil villains have particular taboos, such as not killing in cold blood (but having underlings do it) or not letting children come to harm (if it can be helped). They imagine that these compunctions put them above unprincipled villains. The scheming baron who expands his power and exploits his people is lawful evil. Some lawful evil people and creatures are committed to evil with a zeal like that of a crusader committed to good. Beyond being willing to hurt others for their own ends, they take pleasure in spreading evil as an end unto itself. They may also see doing evil as part of a duty to an evil deity or master. Lawful evil is sometimes called "diabolical" because devils are the epitome of lawful evil. Lawful evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents methodical, intentional, and frequently successful evil[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I disagree with this description of me however. More traditionally in the D&D alignment scale I would classify myself as Chaotic Neutral.
Chaotic Neutral is called the "Anarchist" or "Free Spirit" alignment. A character of this alignment is an individualist who follows his or her own heart, and generally shirks rules and traditions. Although they promote the ideals of freedom, it is their own freedom that comes first. Good and Evil come second to their need to be free, and the only reliable thing about them is how totally unreliable they are. Chaotic Neutral characters are free-spirited and do not enjoy the unnecessary suffering of others, but if they join a team, it is because that team's goals coincide with their own. They invariably resent taking orders and can be very selfish in their pursuit of personal goals. A Chaotic Neutral character does not have to be an aimless wanderer; they may have a specific goal in mind, but their methods of achieving that goal are often disorganized, unorthodox, or entirely unpredictable

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, posting it in the Study for a few reasons, one to get a better handle on folks.

I'm curious. If you're a regular, I'd appreciate it if you humor me and take these couple of quizes and post back your results. Answer them honestly, so we're as accurate as can be.

Yes, they're kinda goofy. But, humor me.

Danke.

:)

D&D Alignment Test
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b

Another Test
http://www.easydamus.com/alignmenttest.html

Ultima Personality Test
http://www.beastwithin.org/users/wwwwolf/hacks/avatar/

Sorry. I tried. I can't. What kind of questions are these? I don't have 'elders' and if I did, I would not care if they approved of me or not.

shima

K3NPO
Reaction score
I got lawful neutral. Which is especially funny, because "shima" my online handle I use everywhere, was the name of my D&D monk back in high school, and she was lawful neutral.

Lawful Neutral

A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. The common phrase for lawful neutral is "true lawful." Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry. I tried. I can't. What kind of questions are these? I don't have 'elders' and if I did, I would not care if they approved of me or not.
They're based on D&D and Ultima.
I figured the usual "what political alignment' ones would be boring. :D

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Is your desire for honesty like this guys desire for honesty at the 26 second mark of this scientific video?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They're based on D&D and Ultima.
I figured the usual "what political alignment' ones would be boring. :D

Yeah, I got that part, but when I tried to answer the questions, none of the answers were what I would do. So I can't answer. Sorry.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lawful Neutral[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. The common phrase for lawful neutral is "true lawful." Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am very surprised - I have always considered myself Neutral Good {and, more importantly, so do others that know me}.
[/FONT]

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, I got that part, but when I tried to answer the questions, none of the answers were what I would do. So I can't answer. Sorry.

Some of em are a bit of a stretch.

Bill Mattock's, I would suggest you engage in heavy drinking and then take the quizes again.:)

I'm still *hic* Neutral! More Mead! :D

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Neutral Good
A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.

Thou hast shown that Valor is the Virtue thou art most familiar with. Thou art a Fighter, and thou shalt begin the Quest of the Avatar in Jhelom, the city of Valor.
Okay. That about used up my nerd quotient for the week.

Latest Discussions