Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
style

technique

stamina

motivation

mastering of the sport :mst:

Umm.....you lost me on the title of this thread, as well as this post. What are you talking about? I might suggest that you read this, specifically sections 1.8 and 4.2.5.

ap Oweyn

Brown Belt
Reaction score
style

technique

stamina

motivation

mastering of the sport :mst:

You know, I've actually thought, in the past, that you've gotten unduly hammered for some of your posts. I thought you raised some valuable insights that bore reinforcing.

This one leaves me speechless.

Stuart

OP
suicide

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
so your gonna tell me that a boxer like mayweather has the same style as chavez ? no they dont ...

Xinglu

Black Belt
Reaction score
No two boxers have the same style. Featherweights don't fight like heavyweights. Holyfield didn't fight like Tyson, Chavez doesn't fight like Morales and neither fight like Dela Hoya.

It has nothing to do with race.

</racism>

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Attention All Users:

MartialTalk has clear policies regarding racist posting:

1.8 Threats, Racism, Sexism, and Challenges:

Messages that are openly hostile, defamatory, sexual, vulgar, or harassing, will not be tolerated, and may be in violation of the law. Threads or replies promoting or expressing intolerant views towards any group (race, religion, sexual preference, interracial couples, etc.) will not be tolerated.
Please keep the discussion at a mature and respectful level.

jks9199

OP
suicide

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
yeah your right no 2 boxers box exactly the same , but alot of boxers have similar styles i guess it just depends on alot of things like training and trainer

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
One guy happens to be black, the other happens to be mexican.
Any other answer is wrong.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*Holds sealed envelope to head*

Zarnak Say "Osmium, Iridium, and Suicide."

*rips open envelope*

"Name 3 of the densest items in nature."

OP
suicide

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
i dont see the racist angle here its just a question about black & mexican boxers ? and there styles in there performance when they square off ...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One guy happens to be black, the other happens to be mexican.
Any other answer is wrong.

That answer is wrong as well, because it implies that Mexican people are not black, which is incorrect. There are many Mexican people -- including boxers -- that are black.

ScottUK

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
so your gonna tell me that a boxer like mayweather has the same style as chavez ? no they dont ...
Sure they do. They both have two arms and legs etc.

Actually I don't see a difference between Duran and Tyson. Both uber-destructive and quite disturbing to watch. ;)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like martial artists boxers who have the same trainers and coaches tend to have the same traits when fighting but beyond that I can't see that any differences between boxers is due to anything other than the fact.....that they are different people.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are diferences, and to deny that is pretty weird. The differences don't seem to be genetic though. Hispanic Boxers to be in lower weight classes whereas Black boxers tend to be in higher weight classes. So, Hispanic Boxers will tend to fight like lower weight classes, whereas Black Boxers will tend to fight like higher weight classes.

ap Oweyn

Brown Belt
Reaction score
i dont see the racist angle here its just a question about black & mexican boxers ? and there styles in there performance when they square off ...

Then you weren't suggesting that one group has more technique, motivation, and mastery of the sport than the other does?

If that's true, you want to do some serious work on your writing style.

Stuart

OP
suicide

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
i wasnt suggesting one has more of anything ? as for writting i write what i feel what i got on my mind , as long as im not disrespecting no one then its all good !

and duran and tyson do not have the same style ... they both do damage but thats about it

i dont know why what i asked was so sensitive ' here in cali i grew around blacks & mexicans all my life they are some of my best friends ' the people at my house the night of the fight were all black mexican and white and 2 philipino buddys of mine SO I DONT SEE THE RASICT ANGLE after the fight me and pals were discussing the way black & mexican boxers box and decided to see what you guys think - but you guys ran with in a totatly diffrent direction - one guy wanted me to use microsoft word before posting something another came out with 2 arms 2 legs another with theres black mexicans WHO CARES ABOUT ALL THAT this was about style and grace thats all ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions