What's the best martial art for me

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah i've heard bjj and wrestling are very good but one of my friends said that judo is bad in a street fight. Is that true or no?
Depends. How effective do you think hitting someone with a planet might be? How about learning how to fall and not get hurt?

Reality check: for most people today, especially many of those taking martial arts, the closest they'll come to a real physical self defense situation will be class. But I'll bet dollars to donut crumbs that they'll fall down...

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
yeah i've heard bjj and wrestling are very good but one of my friends said that judo is bad in a street fight. Is that true or no?
Well think about it...you throw a untrained guy with no idea how to break fall over your shoulder onto a concrete floor....it might tickle a little bit

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Depends. How effective do you think hitting someone with a planet might be? How about learning how to fall and not get hurt?

Reality check: for most people today, especially many of those taking martial arts, the closest they'll come to a real physical self defense situation will be class. But I'll bet dollars to donut crumbs that they'll fall down...
Yeah it sucks enough getting thrown on the mat can't even imagine hitting the concrete.

My coach once trained with Neil Adams and he threw him so hard he landed on his back and ended up bouncing up onto his stomach no joke I've seen the video. If that was in the street he'd be dead or crippled

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Your friend is incorrect. Judo is one of the best compliments to boxing there is. Judo is great all round grappling art. You've got a great standup system, and a reasonable ground game if you need it, albeit not BJJ or Catch.

The last people you want to mess with are boxers, wrestlers, BJJ players, and Judoka (except me). The guys in my dojo are terrifying. If you're wearing a jean jacket or similar and you mess with a judoka, you're screwed. Even without a jacket, they're plenty scary.

Latest Discussions