what will you do

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
If your life or safety were compromised in the streets and you'll have to fight will you keep the fight in the long distance (kicking distance) or get close (fist distance).

I think I will stay away from the BG and keep this way trying to kick the BG at the belly or below. My kicks will be ap chagui or dolyo chagui.

Manny

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
I consider my self to be primarily a striker although i have trained in JJ. Even my JJ instructors have said that it's much cleaner and simpler to finish with striking. So, although I prefer the striking i will fight where I have to in order to do what needs to be done.

Striking with either hands and feet will more than likely be dictated by circumstances than anything else and SD tends to be up close and personal so hands will likely be primary along with knees and elbows.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would guess whatever your best at. The area most comfortable with. Perhaps one is more effective against some dangerous people than others but probably it would be good to know both and be able to switch if needed

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would guess whatever your best at. The area most comfortable with. Perhaps one is more effective against some dangerous people than others but probably it would be good to know both and be able to switch if needed
Although, one should get in the habit of confronting new people and situations with the foot forward that you want forward. :)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
respond to the aggressiveness of the attacker(s) in what is the best way depending on what they are doing and the distance they are from you. If your life is in danger or your safty then they most likely are going to in close unless weapons are in use so most of the time it will be hands until yo can get away enough to use a kick.
For myself if my life is in danger or I view it is I will use anything I can get my hands on to use as a weapon to save myself.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've always had the most success by getting right in his kitchen.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Depends on where I am and what I have on me. If I'm in my work clothes, pull the flashlight out of my right pocket. When holding my guard up, it would be positioned perfectly to shine right in their eyes. Would also make my hammerfists hurt a bit more.

If I didn't have my flashlight on me, probably go for a kick to the legs. Preferably a side kick or twist kick to the side of the knee.

If it's the weekend, I'd probably have something a bit better than a flashlight or a foot on my hip that I'm not allowed to have at work and wouldn't be a good idea to have in the dojang. I'd want to stay out of kicking range and hopefully only have to use that as a deterrent.

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
If I can't get away, hurt him until he's stopped or I can get away. Details depend on what's open. I train so I can use any/all body weapons in numerous ways to put someone down... and I pray I never have to use them again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD