What type of Massage?

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Greetings Pam,

Have you found a solution to relax your body? Ever consider Tai Chi,Qi Gong (this is spelled in so many ways) or Yoga?

When you get the time look up the following:

Alexander Technique
[SIZE=-1]Feldenkrais
Orthobionomy
Craniosacral
Point Release Therapy
PNF([/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation)

If you lived closer I would work something out so that payment would be easy. Maybe you can find someone near your neighborhood that can work something out with you. Also try to go to as many different therapists as possible to get a feel for different techniques.

This is the local ATMA (American Massage Therapy Association) Chapter in Chicago (http://www.amta-il.org/)

Be careful of some "unethical" people out there as well.

Hope you find peace and relaxation soon.

PS. Rent some comedy. Laughter is wonderful to release tension.
[/SIZE]

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Is deep tissue massage the same as an accupressure massage? I had one at our local Chinese TCM practitioner in town, and I was veeeery pleased with the end result. The few days prior to it, I was starting to feel quite viral, what with working full time, studying full time (in what spare time I have) and working in an office full of idiots, that come into work, even when they've got tonsilitus or something equally as nasty. So I took myself down, and had a 30 minute session. Felt as though I was walking on air afterwards!!

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kensai,

Glad you enjoyed your massage. Acupressure massage is a TCM based on acupuncture. Shiatsu a Japanese massage technique may also use acupuncture.

Deep Tissuse Massage goes very deep (deeper levels of fascia and connective tissues) and the experience can be pretty intense. The therapist goes deep enough to work out the tension, but not too hard on the pressure that will cause you to tense up.

Massage therapists combine different techniques depending on what thier clients need.

Remember to safely stretch out and drink plenty of water.

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kensai,

Glad you enjoyed your massage. Acupressure massage is a TCM based on acupuncture. Shiatsu a Japanese massage technique may also use acupuncture.

Deep Tissuse Massage goes very deep (deeper levels of fascia and connective tissues) and the experience can be pretty intense. The therapist goes deep enough to work out the tension, but not too hard on the pressure that will cause you to tense up.

Massage therapists combine different techniques depending on what thier clients need.

Remember to safely stretch out and drink plenty of water.

Deep tissue massage sounds intriguing. I do like to get a massage once in a while, every couple of months or so. A good way to unwind, and to ward off potential nasties, stress/illness etc.

Latest Discussions