Foot massage

luigi_m_

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I know this was information from Matt Furey (who has many friends and enemies in the fitness world), but he said that a self-foot massage will relieve tension and increase energy levels, so I was just wondering if anyone could post a link to a site that would show how to do a good foot massage that could be done by oneself, as I understand that there are correlations between foot-parts and the body's parts, just like in Su Jok (jabbing certain areas of the hand to relieve tension)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't have a link but I can always use a great foot message, anybody interested in giving me one please reply hurry at my age my feet are killing me.
Terry

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Try googling Reflexology. That should give you some information.

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm pretty simple about it.

Grab the big toe and a few more. Twist them in circles, a few times in one direction, a few times in the other.

Take your foot in both hands, and press up and down on the bottom of your foot with your thumbs, walking your way up and down.

Finally, make a fist and hit the bottom of your foot up and down with your 2nd set of knuckles.

It's enough to get the blood moving and loosen things up.

Shirt Ripper

Black Belt
Reaction score
Foot massage is right up there with hot chocolate for feeling good...

Rutherford hit it in my opinion...also rub firmly along the arches of the foot.

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Just gave myself one sitting at work, and noticed I also enjoy working my thumbs from the center and pulling out to the sides.

Have fun with it. That's important too.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone rubbing your back or squeezing your feet is pleasurable and thus releases endorphins (endogenous opiates) and dopamine (stimulates the reward centres in the striatum). If you’ve got a nice friend to do it for you, it’s free!

Latest Discussions