• Mystic Arts, Modern Views

• Other - Please specify

Results are only viewable after voting.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enson said:
the only problem with this is the schools that are being considered actually teach their form of american ninjutsu or even modern ninjutsu. see the problem?

peace
yup, and isn't this why this poll is here in the first place? those names cause problems.

A more general one won't attract as much crap, and will still take those styles into it.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
Can I reccomend something like "ecclectic styles" or "Hybrid Martial Arts"

Words like "ninja", "mystic", "neo", etc are going to draw trolls and stir ****.
No offence to those that practice the art, but a name is what draws people in, unless you want a lot of nuts and trolls, don't use names that they are attracted too.

Which, as I said before, is why a number of these schools truthfully belong in the Mixed Martial Arts section. I see no reason why, for example, that mixed martial arts like Tew ryu or Bussey Style are deserving of their own personal forum, but people from other mixed styles are stuck with a general Mixed Martial Arts forum.

Some of the ex-kan groups would be more appropriately discussed in the General Ninjutsu section.

Just my opinion, of course. :asian:

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another naming issue, "mixed martial arts" means something very specific to a lot of people. That being training against resistance in a sport environment in all ranges under very limited rules. Where everything is verified in sparring or tossed out.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
heretic888 said:
Some of the ex-kan groups would be more appropriately discussed in the General Ninjutsu section.

Just my opinion, of course. :asian:
why would any ninjutsu schools get a forum? if by the bujinkan's own admission its a mma? thats just my take on things anyway... of course that would be better discussed in the trad. ninjutsu.

peace

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enson said:
why would any ninjutsu schools get a forum? if by the bujinkan's own admission its a mma?

Because that is not the case.

The Bujinkan teaches a variety of arts. Some of those arts are ninjutsu. This is fundementaly different from what MMA people are trying to do.

L

Limeydog

How about calling it "Musha Shugyo" or "Warrior's Journey". We could even be a little bit corny and call it "Den of Shadows".

Just a thought.

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey I got it!!! "The forum which must not be named." Kinda catchy isn't it???

:partyon:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Angry Black Pajamas"?

"Dances with DoJinshi"?

"Ninjas R Us?" (Wait, that toystore has evil lawyers.....skip that one....)

:)

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
"who wants to be a ninja?"

"can't stop chopping people up"

"the way to the black heart"

"ninja turtles w/o the shells"

this is going to be fun.

peace

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok something just dawned on me. While I was looking at a couple main art sections I noticed that a few only had less than ten threads. Then I thought well, if you give each art in the "AN" section their own area, that might help. What I mean is to have under one of the main "arts" sections a "To-Shin Do" area, a "RTMS" area, even a Buj area for them too, etc., etc...just like there is a "Modern Arnis" area, a JKD area, etc..., well you get the point. It could help keep people on one topic at a time. It would also get rid of the ever disputed "N" word. (Ninjutsu) Oh by the way, I meant no offence by pointing out any specific arts. I was just using examples. Thanx.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Satt said:
Ok something just dawned on me. While I was looking at a couple main art sections I noticed that a few only had less than ten threads. Then I thought well, if you give each art in the "AN" section their own area, that might help. What I mean is to have under one of the main "arts" sections a "To-Shin Do" area, a "RTMS" area, even a Buj area for them too, etc., etc...just like there is a "Modern Arnis" area, a JKD area, etc..., well you get the point. It could help keep people on one topic at a time. It would also get rid of the ever disputed "N" word. (Ninjutsu) Oh by the way, I meant no offence by pointing out any specific arts. I was just using examples. Thanx.

good idea and bad idea... remember you still will have forum hyjackers out there that hate your (whatever school you belong to)exsistence and will try to disturb what would be a normally peaceful forum... :eek"

i mean they don't realize that we are not the founders... just students. they want to attack you like if you were the founder. they should also remember that anyone can join whatever school they want... its a free country (well at least in the u.s.a.) if i wanted to join another style of ninjutsu i just have to go and fill out the lilttle sign up form and thats it. we all made a choice of what art to study as adults and yet some will not be happy with your decision they should respect it and just get over themselves. its like getting mad about someone who has no relation to you choosing another religion. its a choice that one makes and we are all here to talk about our martial religions. not to degrade and say its fake... my thoughts anyway.

peace

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
My thoughts are that taking things out of context distorts their meaning. Basic rule of postmodern philosophy.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Our basic forum-build idea is that everything is "General" until such time as it 'earns' a place. We setup certain catagories initially, and have expanded as the need indicated, and have also rolled certain other forums back into the parents, or split them further.

It all depends.

Regarding the breakdown of AN into subs, I can see a specific area for SKH/TSD, but none of the others. Not enough traffic to justify a forum for 4 people, y'know?

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
Our basic forum-build idea is that everything is "General" until such time as it 'earns' a place. We setup certain catagories initially, and have expanded as the need indicated, and have also rolled certain other forums back into the parents, or split them further.

It all depends.

Regarding the breakdown of AN into subs, I can see a specific area for SKH/TSD, but none of the others. Not enough traffic to justify a forum for 4 people, y'know?

Wise as always, Master Rustaz. :asian: :asian:

Meh.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
the truth of the matter is if this forum gets another title other than "ninjutsu" then all the same people of this forum will probably just go back to ninjutsu. for this is what they consider their style to be. others can whine, scream, cry, etc... but i believe thats what will happen.

peace

L

Limeydog

I think it would be a great idea for Toshindo practitioners to have their own section on Martial Talk. Would it be possible?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Limeydog said:
I think it would be a great idea for Toshindo practitioners to have their own section on Martial Talk. Would it be possible?

One of the best ways, is to show the desire, with you and the other members who wish to discuss this art, by creating threads on such topics as discussion points.

I will discuss this with the Admin Team as well.

:asian:

Rich Parsons
Martial Talk
Super Moderator

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Limeydog said:
Good call L.D.!!!

Latest Discussions