What on Earth Could be the Motive for This?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19499052

A terrible multiple murder in France that not only breaks my heart for the poor little girls who survived but completely mystifies me as to what could possibly be gained from it? It doesn't seem to me like a robbery gone wrong as some are saying.

When I think about that four year old lass hiding under her dead mother for all those hours ... there are just some stories that touch your heart at a visceral level.

With nothing to indicate a motive, I find myself mentally speculating on all manner of off-the-wall explanations, especially with the possibility that they might be an Iraqi family. Trying to find out more news, I came across this additional article that itself contains an odd hint of things out of the ordinary:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19510765

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19499052

A terrible multiple murder in France that not only breaks my heart for the poor little girls who survived but completely mystifies me as to what could possibly be gained from it? It doesn't seem to me like a robbery gone wrong as some are saying.

When I think about that four year old lass hiding under her dead mother for all those hours ... there are just some stories that touch your heart at a visceral level.

With nothing to indicate a motive, I find myself mentally speculating on all manner of off-the-wall explanations, especially with the possibility that they might be an Iraqi family. Trying to find out more news, I came across this additional article that itself contains an odd hint of things out of the ordinary:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19510765

Almost seems like a "hit" with the bicyclist an unfortunate witness......

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cdunn

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Man is reported as an aerospace worker and an Iraqi. A number of theories spring to mind; everything from intelligence related activities to religious killings to racism. Who knows?

Sad, and I hope that poor girl has a loving place to land.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a great many things about this that shout that it was a hit including the fact that Iraqi passports as well as a Swedish one were found in the car. The girl found outside the car had been beaten up and shot in the shoulder. The car was shot up and the adults shot in the head.

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Most peculiar and mysterious, aye. Such a horrible thing to have happened and I hope that the news services don't lose sight of the tragedy in their interest in the unorthodox elements surrounding it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be honest I don't think it's mysterious or peculiar, the father was known to the security services and therefore it may be less of a surprise to some than at first thought, there's more to this than we are being told however or that we will be told in the future.

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aye, I kinda took that as read, Tez :nods:.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rumour control has it that the French have sent quite a high ranking member of their security services to London.

Om the other hand while this is a terribly sad thing one can imagine the French police searching the house and then telling the British police they have found a 'bomb', think Pink Panther and Peter Sellers trying to say bomb..........

Latest Discussions