What lineage are you studying?

MattB

White Belt
Reaction score
For me it has been mainly Jiu Wan but i have had the chance to study others such as Ip Man/Moy Yat.
What about Mainland styles orSouth East Asian like Cho Famly or Vietnamese? Anyone got any opinions or trining?

zepedawingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
For me it has been mainly Jiu Wan but i have had the chance to study others such as Ip Man/Moy Yat.
What about Mainland styles orSouth East Asian like Cho Famly or Vietnamese? Anyone got any opinions or trining?

MattB, what Sifu under Jiu Wan lineage? There aren't too many of them that I know of here in the U.S.A.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Hey Matt,

I've had some training in systems such as Chi Sim Weng Chun, Hung Fa Yi & touched hands with Pan Nam Wing Chun guys on the side.

I would say the way that Chi Sim approaches training is more based on the "Kiu Sau" methods closer related to "Hung Kuen". They incorporate both Wai/Nei Gong training as well. Its really interesting though. Chi Sim utilizes the Sap Baat Kiu Sau or 18 Kiu Sau's.

Hung Fa Yi utilizes "Kiu Sau", "Chi Kiu", & "Chi Sau" training methods in their syllabus.

And in Pan Nam Wing Chun from what I've seen they utilize Qi Gong practices and the Chi Sau is more fluid and closer to Tui Shou similar to Pao Fa Lien's Wing Chun.

But I've found all these systems incredibly interesting.

Latest Discussions