What kind of dog are you?

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ping and MJ, this is what a Swedish Vallhund looks like. Very beautiful!

- Ceicei

Attachments

• $SwedishVallhund.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 117

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm a Saluki (sounds like a rice-burning motorcycle)
It said Origin from Iran. The Saluki and Sloughi have parallel histories and most likely date back to the same stem (family tree I suppose) in the ancient Middle East and a painting dated 3600 BC shows such dogs. Esteemed by Arab Sheiks and nomadic Bedouin, this breed was paired with hawks to hunt gazelles and other game. They were never sold but presented as gifts, which is how they reached Europe.
Personality: This elegant, if somewhat aloof breed is loyal, affectionate and trustworthy (you single ladies paying attention ??) and dispite limited interest in Europe it is now a well sought-after animal. It still retains strong hunting instincts and so care should be taken when taking it to the country side.
From the following site: http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/breeds/S.aspx
Breed Group: Hounds
Weight: 35-65 pounds
Height: males: 23-28, females: 17-23 inches
Color(s): White, cream, fawn, golden, red, grizzle, black and tan, tricolor, or any of these on a white background
Overview: The graceful and beautiful Saluki is usually quiet indoors, but is active outdoors and needs serious exercise. This dog is fast. Because of his independent nature, training him takes patience and humor. He is devoted to his owner and does not usually warm up to strangers.
Coat: Smooth and silky. The hair on the back of the legs, ears, and tail should be longer and feathery. Colors can be three-colored (white, black, and brown), black with brown, gray, red, golden, cream, sandy, white or various combinations of those colors.
Character: Salukis have a mind of their own, but are graceful, peaceful, and need to be with their owner. This dog is cautious around strangers and has a very strong hunting instinct.
Temperament: This breed gets along well with dogs that are similar in nature. The hunting instinct is too strong in it to allow it to live with other types of animals.
Care: Regular grooming with a brush and comb is required. Ears must be checked periodically to make sure they are clean.
Training: A Saluki will never be completely obedient. With the proper degree of patience, this dog will be fond of its owner enough to be well-behaved.
Activity: Salukis need plenty of exercise, but allowing one to run freely may mean that it will go on the hunt and never return. If chasing something, this dog will ignore its owner's calls. A good way to burn off a Saluki's energy is to go bike riding as it trots along beside you.
Ownership: If you are looking for Saluki puppies for sale from reputable Saluki breeders or to adopt a Saluki from a Saluki rescue then make sure you understand as much about the dog breeds you are interested in as you can. Every puppy breed is different. Begin your research by reading the breed information about the Saluki puppy above. Search our dog breeds section to find Saluki puppies, dogs and puppies that make great pets.

Attachments

• $1100228.jpg
    $1100228.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 105

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For a couple of you guys/gals I have(or they have me) both an Akita and a Shiba Inu. Awesome dogs!

I would be a Bouvier De Flandres....ummmmkkk. The only thing I think about that is "Stupid sexy Flanders!!"....Homer S.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic CC, cute dog.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Paul B said:
I would be a Bouvier De Flandres....ummmmkkk. The only thing I think about that is "Stupid sexy Flanders!!"....Homer S.
This is what these awesome dogs look like. Not sure if you can see them clearly, but I'll check for a better picture.

- Ceicei

Attachments

• $Bouvier De Flandres.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 94

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A better pic for you, Paul!

Attachments

• $fivedogs.jpg
    $fivedogs.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 105

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL!

Thanks CC! I do need a haircut!! That looks like a Wheaten Terrier on steroids...looks carefully at avatar pic again....:lol:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm an Italian Greyhound. Can't copy/paste it for some reason....

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Doberman Pinscher
Personality: Needs careful handling even though its perfectly obedient when correctly trained. Constantly wary and suspicious of strangers, it is alert and aggressive with a remarkable stamina, all of which make it the wrong kind of dog to meet if you're a cat burglar.
Luna-head.jpg

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Small Munsterlander.
MUNSTERLANDER (small)

Origins
Germany. These dogs combine the best qualities of the setter and the spaniel. While on record as one of the newest pointing and retrieving gundogs the Large Munsterlander has been well established in its native Germany since the beginning of the 18th century. Then it was regarded as a German Long-haired Pointer. The Small Munsterlander is more recent than the large variety.

Personality
Loyal, affectionate and trustworthy these aminals easily adapt to the role of hunter or family companion. They are very energetic and need plenty of exercise.

FOR PICTURES: www.fallbrookrun.com

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sarah - they *are* adorable! Now I want to get one.

And the Bouviers are great dogs - I have a breed that is somewhat similar to them, but much smaller. I met a woman with her Bouvier a little while ago - they are so pretty, and very calm.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OUMoose said:
Doberman Pinscher
Personality: <snip> all of which make it the wrong kind of dog to meet if you're a cat burglar.

Hmm, makes you think the dog would WANT you to burglarize the cat.

M

Melissa426

Field Spaniel (very pretty dog, but I can't post picture)

"good sporting dog with equable temperament, adaptable, able to fit into family life or do fieldwork, helping people kill animals."

Hmmm...
Don't know about the "killing animals" part. Other wise, fairly close.:)

Peace,
Melissa

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Melissa426 said:
Field Spaniel (very pretty dog, but I can't post picture)
I attached a picture for you.

- Ceicei

Attachments

• $FieldSpanielinTree.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 80