What is your favorite type of gaurd?

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Steve ? vids or other info on 93 guard. Never seen or even heard of that being an option other than a good place to just hand and catch wind. Much thanks
lori

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Steve ? vids or other info on 93 guard. Never seen or even heard of that being an option other than a good place to just hand and catch wind. Much thanks
lori
http://www.stevebjj.com/2009/09/93-guard/

I talked about it in more detail on my blog. There are some attacks and sweeps from here, but the only detailed instructional I've heard about is Robson Moira's Fusion 2 DVD (which is very good).

I'll see if I can get this youtube thing to work.

[yt]v=9ypqf_sOa6Y[/yt]

CanadianCommando

White Belt
Reaction score
I like rubber guard. I'm huge, so it's good for working my flexibility. Some positions give me issues due to my size and a knee injury, but I still find it gives me more high-percentage submission options, and is very hard for most opponents to deal with, especially if there's striking - it ties them up nicely.

Chris.

grav3h3art

White Belt
Reaction score
Im pretty much always on a Knee-In Half Guard so i guess its a favorite. I like the traditional full guard and half guard too. Been messing alot with the rubber guard lately :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don't have the hip flexibility for rubber guard, and my hamstrings are too tight for a particularly effective spider guard. I can work fairly effectively from knee-in half, deep half and that kind of thing. I'm old. :D

Latest Discussions