What is your Favorite OP

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
My favorite is "I may have a little Aikidoka on my hands" in Aikido Forum.
Started June 9, 2012, Is the story of a little girl who did not want to hit anyone.
It is a story of a girls 7 year journey of love for Aikido
After 7 years his little Aikidoka got her 6th kyu (brown belt) and will now be going, exclusively to the adult class. of course this means that she will not be wearing her hard earned brown belt and going back to wearing a white belt. The adult class wears only 2 colored belts; white and black.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That'd be really hard for me to pick, Bruce. I like the posts by folks getting back into the arts after a long time away - those might be my favorites. Though perhaps my favorite thread is "One Small Step Closer" by @serietah, where we get to follow the OP's progression from white to BB through occasional posts when they get to some significant occasion.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Going to be selfish and use a string of my posts. I like the discussions "Martial Arts in Sci-Fi and Fantasy" that I started in the off topic section.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
What a darn great idea for a thread :)

Maybe this one! Haha

But seriously I do love the "One Small Step Closer" thread, "Last Poster/Person" (for reasons already said), and... let me think! (I'm enjoying my own created threads and the feedback there too XD)

And yes, also love any threads in which people are starting a new MA or getting back into it after a long break, and sharing in their enthusiasm, it's inspiring and motivating to me :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yes, also love any threads in which people are starting a new MA or getting back into it after a long break, and sharing in their enthusiasm, it's inspiring and motivating to me :)
I think that's why I like @serietah's thread so much. I like the enthusiasm and energy - even the anxiety - of something new, and all those folks are sharing theirs with us. Serietah has shared so many steps along the way, all of them full of that energy.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think that's why I like @serietah's thread so much. I like the enthusiasm and energy - even the anxiety - of something new, and all those folks are sharing theirs with us. Serietah has shared so many steps along the way, all of them full of that energy.
Absolutely :)

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
There was a series of posts by a grand master of physical combat and self defense posted here last year, probably the best alive, or to have ever lived.

He illustrated why most existent martial arts will get you "beaten and/or killed in self defense..."

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a series of posts by a grand master of physical combat and self defense posted here last year, probably the best alive, or to have ever lived.

He illustrated why most existent martial arts will get you "beaten and/or killed in self defense..."
I loved those. We need another one like that.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last Person thread. And the newbies area.
And the Top Secret area where the staff discusses what we should buy with our huge holiday bonuses.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My favorite post is the one where the security cam captured me beating up 6 attackers with knives and guns, knocking all of them out. That was really a tough day but the video was awesome..

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Duuuuuude... totally forgot about those. A definite fave. They were fully enlightening yo!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last Person thread. And the newbies area.
And the Top Secret area where the staff discusses what we should buy with our huge holiday bonuses.
Great... you're letting the secret out... now I have to reveal the income...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest Discussions