What is the best place to study kung fu in London or anywhere near Hertfordshire?

Earthsnake

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm 25 years old and I want to start studying kung fu intesively. I really want to reach a high level of proficiency and I'm prepared to study it for many years. And no, I haven't thought of a particular style yet...

OP
E

Earthsnake

White Belt
Reaction score
I live in Hertfordshire so anything in that county or London, Bedfordshire, Cambrigeshire, and Essex. Which schools/trainers would you recommend in those areas?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Souerpuss

Why? I googled for you and if you click on the link it gives plenty of choice, it also gives XS ( who is in the US) a chance to see what is available and give an opinion. Sorry I tried to help.

OP
E

Earthsnake

White Belt
Reaction score
Why? I googled for you and if you click on the link it gives plenty of choice, it also gives XS ( who is in the US) a chance to see what is available and give an opinion. Sorry I tried to help.

Oh I didn't realize it was a link. Sorry.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I didn't realize it was a link. Sorry.

Ok no worries, this is an American based site so most people won't know where you are, XS is very wise and knows most things CMA related so while he may not know the instructors or actual school he will still know what they do and what their lineage is.

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If you're willing to look into the Qigong/Taijiquan/Yiquan side, consider Lam Kam Chuen. I haven't trained with him, but I like his books.

NEWs EVENTs

senseidave2005

White Belt
Reaction score
I have a colleague in Hampshire that was big in the Lua Gar Kung fu system he now runs the fighting Falcons out of Andover Hants.
You could give him a call and ask his advice directly.... I'm in the states, his name is Gordon Mitchell. Tell him Dave Wilson in Florida told you to call... You can search him on face book also... Hope this helps... Hope I spelt his Kung fu right.... It's less about the system and more about the quality of how the material is shared... Good luck remember it's about the journey more than the destination...

David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
E

Earthsnake

White Belt
Reaction score
What places would you guys and girls recommend for Wing Chun and Southern Praying Mantis? Also, is it true that Southern Praying Mantis involves weapons training to?

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
  1. Yes, Lam Kam Chuen (Shaftsbury Avenue, London) is indeed excellent. However I would find it hard to go past Dan Docherty's school.
Very best wishes

VT_Vectis

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello mate,

There's quite a few different wing chun classes available in London and it's outskirts, but, being a practitioner of the Wong Shun Leung lineage myself, I'd recommend A.B.M.V.T London with classes available in several locations. They're affiliated with Ernie Barrios.

The website is here;
WSL WING CHUN LONDON

Think the website is being redesigned so try searching on FB.

Good luck in your search, mate.

Latest Discussions