What is Nike-do?

Im redy 4 u

White Belt
Reaction score
I have just recently heard of a martial art called "Nike-do." Someone said this: "Actually Nike-do is the best style ever for getting out of trouble." I have looked around to try and find out more about it but I cannot find anything on it. Does anyone know what it is? Does anyone know its principles/teachings? Does anyone know its effectiveness? If you know anything about Nike-do please post. Thanks.

ChingChuan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
To me it seems that it refers to Nike as the brand of shoes... So that person would mean 'the best way to get out of trouble is running away as fast as you can'.

But maybe there is indeed a 'real' Nike-do, but I've never heard of it in such a context before.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Every since "Nike-do" came out?

Adidas: has now "Adidas-do systems"

Asics: has now "Asics-go-to-fast-do-system"

Reebok: has now the "Reebok-speeded-do"

Champion: has now the "Champs-feet by feet-do"

So far "Nike" has proven to outrun the competition by using faster feet training. Made by Chinese (no leads in paint too -means lighter weight)>

For the best? Learn the chinese ways....."You to can learn this system"
in English

Aloha ( I did!)

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It is the sublime art of the tactical retreat. Commonly pronounced with a long "I" and a silent "E" it is mispronounced. It should be pronounced with a long "I" and a long "e" and so "Nike-do" sounds much like "Aikido."

This art, known in numerous forms throughout time was made famous by the Athenian Phidippides (or Philippides) at the Battle of Marathon against the Persians.

Often confused for a "The Plan B" method, It should best be known as the Run A Way."

I hope this helps.

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
It is the sublime art of the tactical retreat. Commonly pronounced with a long "I" and a silent "E" it is mispronounced. It should be pronounced with a long "I" and a long "e" and so "Nike-do" sounds much like "Aikido."

This art, known in numerous forms throughout time was made famous by the Athenian Phidippides (or Philippides) at the Battle of Marathon against the Persians.

Pheidippides

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score

So far "Nike" has proven to outrun the competition by using faster feet training. Made by Chinese (no leads in paint too -means lighter weight)>

in English

Aloha ( I did!)

Yes, everybody knows that Nike-do is the superior running-away-style martial art. Reebok-do is just a sport.

/ducks

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm impressed that no one mentioned Tongue Fu or verbal Judo.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm impressed that no one mentioned Tongue Fu or verbal Judo.

Hello, Tongue Fu/ Verbal Judo....is good before using "Nike-do" and afterwards/ or when caught by chaser(s').

From experience's it works more effectively in the beginning! Not sure why? "UM"....

Aloha

OP
I

Im redy 4 u

White Belt
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I'm an idiot, I thought it was an actual martial art. :)

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I'm an idiot, I thought it was an actual martial art. :)

Hello, Running is one of the most effective techniques in all martial arts lessons. Learning to escape, than learn to run away.

Most people can run? ...without lots of technical knowledge. (just make sure one foot first than other side. Best to run upright. Swinging arms with elbows tuck close to body...practice several methods of swings?

Spacing will depend on height and weight....more on the weight!

Toe to toe landings, might better? than toe and heel to toe and heel, not sure of this?
Best to research this.

Forward running has proven to be more effectice too!

Aloha ( all the above for fun).......which is faster? Run or Ran?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

in English

Aloha ( I did!)

All I can add to this is so many styles and no time to train them the right way.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You know, it just occurred to me that this is the only family of martial arts that can ALL be said to work "on the street".......

Actually this may be the ONLY style that works in the street and does NOT work in the dojo.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually this may be the ONLY style that works in the street and does NOT work in the dojo.
No, it'll work either place. The difference is in application of technique. In the dojo you must be circular in your movement and on the street much more linear.

Latest Discussions