Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for spoiling that.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stayed up until 2AM only to find out it was only Sky Sports 2, which I don't have, gutted. Think everyone knew Mayweather was gonna win anyway.

I was on nights all night and being Saturday it was busy.
Suicide, the usual thing is not to post up a result but to put 'spoiler' in the title so those that are waiting to see the fight/game whatever and don't want to know the result in advance can avoid the thread.

TheWellWisher

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I was on nights all night and being Saturday it was busy.
Suicide, the usual thing is not to post up a result but to put 'spoiler' in the title so those that are waiting to see the fight/game whatever and don't want to know the result in advance can avoid the thread.

Why what job do you do?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woah thats pretty cool actually. Was thinking of doing that but joining the RAF instead when I'm 19 once I'm qualified. Makes more sense join with my current trade. They have good MA training facilities as well :p

Good man!! I was in the RAF before this, my other half was RAF Regiment but don't hold that against him lol! MOD plod makes a good second career. The RAF is a good place to be, training facilities are good for all sports. It even has a decent boxing team.

OP
suicide

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
my bad , its cool though next time ricky hatton fights ill let you spill the beans %-}

TheWellWisher

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Good man!! I was in the RAF before this, my other half was RAF Regiment but don't hold that against him lol! MOD plod makes a good second career. The RAF is a good place to be, training facilities are good for all sports. It even has a decent boxing team.

Woah I never knew you were a woman lol. And yeah I'm looking forward to it, because I'm joining as a qualified chef I'll get fast tracked so I'll be on 20k within 8 months of joining. Problem is you have to be 19 to join qualified and I finish my NVQ3 when I'm 18 so theres a 1 year gap. Do they cater for any particular MA's or do you have to train on your own accord if you know what I mean?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woah I never knew you were a woman lol. And yeah I'm looking forward to it, because I'm joining as a qualified chef I'll get fast tracked so I'll be on 20k within 8 months of joining. Problem is you have to be 19 to join qualified and I finish my NVQ3 when I'm 18 so theres a 1 year gap. Do they cater for any particular MA's or do you have to train on your own accord if you know what I mean?

I've confused a few people here lol!
Depends on where you are posted, in the RAF though you are left to have a private life unlike the army so you can train anywhere you want, there is an RAF martial arts association though which is very active. A lot of places have martial arts clubs and train in different styles.
http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafmartialarts/

If you haven't already have a look at joining the air cadets, they go up to age 19 and give you a head start with the RAF plus you'll get to meet a lot of people as well as going to RAF stations including abroad.
RAF food btw is the best of all three services, the food served in all the messes is of the same high standard unlike again the army where the soldiers get rubbish food while the officers dine well.

Sorry suicide am hijacking your thread lol.
Haven't seen the fight yet though,not long up out of bed.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see your point Tez. My apologies. The results should not have been mentioned in the thread title.

I know many people record fights, matches, games etc to watch later and they avoid the results as they like to watch it as if it were live. Knowing scores/winners in advance spoils it for them.On the sports news here on television they will warn people when they are going to annouce the scores so people can avoid seeing them if they are going to watch the match later.