What does Black Belt mean to "YOU".

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
hey don, would you like to spar my fluffy 7th dan sensei? :p

both of my senseis are very, very, fluffy......

:angel:

OP
seasoned

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey don, would you like to spar my fluffy 7th dan sensei? :p

both of my senseis are very, very, fluffy......

:angel:
So, it's going to take two of them. Is that what your saying.
icon7.gif

Only kidding of course.
icon7.gif

dbell

Blue Belt
Reaction score
well we don't know about this Don Bell character...... :p

Two probably safer than one :angel:

Trying to make me feel bigger than I am eh? Won't work.... ;) I was thinking it would be one on one with a break in the middle...... Easier on me that way... But if it is two on one, they buy the food and drink afterwards!! ;)

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Trying to make me feel bigger than I am eh? Won't work.... ;) I was thinking it would be one on one with a break in the middle...... Easier on me that way... But if it is two on one, they buy the food and drink afterwards!! ;)

thinking you might get more of an advantage if you only sparr one at a time :p

if you fight them both at the same time it'll really show what yer made of =]

eggg1994

Orange Belt
Reaction score
i think black belt mean's not only a leader but someone who is brave, strong that never gives up and try their hardest, who believes in themselves. i think black belt to me is a dream that i hope to make a reality one day to me it mean's one that cleans the world of hatred and teaches you to stand up for what you believe in. i am currently a orange belt and im going to get my high orange belt on january 14. my rank progression use's stripe belt's before going to the next color belt which for example after i have been a high orange belt i would go on to green belt and then high green and so on.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think black belt mean's not only a leader but someone who is brave, strong that never gives up and try their hardest, who believes in themselves. i think black belt to me is a dream that i hope to make a reality one day to me it mean's one that cleans the world of hatred and teaches you to stand up for what you believe in. i am currently a orange belt and im going to get my high orange belt on january 14. my rank progression use's stripe belt's before going to the next color belt which for example after i have been a high orange belt i would go on to green belt and then high green and so on.
This is a very good post, eggg...

You have some excellent aims and goals to reach for.

Narges

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I think getting your black belt is somewhat like being born into this world. Imagine the white belt as a newly formed fetus. It grows inside the womb and learns some basic things. At the end of the mother's pregnancy you can say it has reached the end of its journey, but it's actually starting the journey.

It's the same with us. Before the BB we are learning how to be a martial artist. The real journey begins after we have learnt the basics and stepped on 'the way'.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I hate to sound irreverant, but the black belt means... nothing to me. Absolutely nothing. I don't understand the mystique behind it. I have been training for most of my life and never sought to attain a belt. Nor have I found that it greatly enhances the lives of anyone I know who has one. As for morality and spirituality, heck, even technique, black belts run the gamut.

I'd like to say it means more to me, but it doesn't and it probably never will.

Supra Vijai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Someone who trains 1 time per week will probably never reach shodan.

That's a scary thought... I can only make one class a week as I am a full time student and am working every other night of the week. Any other training I do has to be extra cirricular with fellow practitioners. What's your take on something like that?

I realise your statement was generalized and you did say probably but just clarifying :)