What do u think of this School?

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
http://www.21mainstreet.com/pearsonsma/

The instructor in my area (6 minutes from me) in Arlington, WA is Landon Showalter, a MMA fighter. The academy has steep prices, used to be a TKD academy, and just became a Pankration academy a little while ago. I just dont know. but then again, its my only chance (in my area) to make it into MMA events. I want to show that you dont have to do BJJ or pankration to win. I do Japanese MA.

should I give it a try?

OP
Shogun

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
ha ha. Yeah, I guess u be right.

I asked if I may compete in their tourneys. they said "yeah, how about september 25th?"

The only thing stopping me: I am a Sheriff explorer, and knowing the laws as I do, I just so happen to know that the state of Washington has outlawed "ultimate fighting" at an amatuer level. and do you know how they can avoid this: stop giving away prizes (I think they have)

It would be a good learning experience though. see how my skills are in the ring. (I know how they are on the street,...pretty good)

later days,
Kyle

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think you should not look into it. If your goal is to eventually become a Deputy or enter law enforcement, why blow it by doing something possibly illegal just to prove yourself. I think there are better ways to do that.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
If "ultimate fighting" is banned, the only place you will be able to participate in it is within a school, so you must find a school to give you competant opponents. Actually, the way I read the Washington law, ultimate fighting is allowed assuming certain licensing requirements are passed.

You might also look at AMC pankration up in the eastside.

Lamont

OP
Shogun

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
AMC competes in the same events. Omillion jiu jitsu, and a couple others also do. am going to ask one of my friends (a deputy) if it is legal. unitl then I am going to keep doing what I am doing now.