Starting mma at 35

Goosebumps

White Belt
Reaction score
Thinking about joining a good bjj/mma academy that’s like a mile from my house. I have been doing tkd the past 6 months and it’s expensive for what I’m getting. My contract is up at the end of this month so my plan was to join a bjj/judo gym in town a little further from my house. They got a great price for both arts and a great schedule. I used to do mma a little back in my early 20’s and went 1-0 as an amatuer. I had other interests in things and never pursued things further after that. Im single and have no kids and kinda have an itch to have a few more amatuer fights try and win a amatuer belt or something before I get too old. Im 6’4” 200lbs in decent shape. I think it could be fun. You think 35 is too old to do it?

OP
G

Goosebumps

White Belt
Reaction score
I signed up and had fun fellas. I plan to fight Jon Jones for the UFC 205lbs title. I’m the same height as Jones with the same reach. I have thicker legs than Jones. After I win the title I’m flying to China and challenging that dork who calls out Kung fu masters. After his head clatters off the temple floors I’m heading back to the states to call out Nick cannon. His booty is grass

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
I signed up and had fun fellas. I plan to fight Jon Jones for the UFC 205lbs title. I’m the same height as Jones with the same reach. I have thicker legs than Jones. After I win the title I’m flying to China and challenging that dork who calls out Kung fu masters. After his head clatters off the temple floors I’m heading back to the states to call out Nick cannon. His booty is grass
Sounds like a string of good short range goals. Hopefully you’ll capture your “if I can do it, anyone can” conquests on video.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Careful, Xu Xiaodong is under constant surveillance.

Make sure you get written approval first.

Latest Discussions