What did you practice today?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heading in to teach. As usual, there won't be as much time for me to train as for the students, but I'll get a bit of practice on groundwork (basic bridging, a little shrimping, and some single-legs) with one student, will have a chance to work on forms with the class. I'll be personally digging around to figure out how to get a little more depth in my stances, without aggravating my knees too much.

DanT

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
10:00: Cardio
10:30: Stretching
10:45: Turning Stance Drills
11:15: Kicking Drills and Line drills
11:30: Chi Sao
12:00: Sparring
12:45: Wooden Dummy
1:15: Heavy Bag Work
2:00: Push-Ups, Sit-Ups, Squats
2:30: Lunch and SLEEP.

OP
OzPaul

OzPaul

Green Belt
Reaction score
5km run before work then SLT, Chum Kiu, Biu Jee before relaxing before bed.

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So far I have practiced my typing, making breakfast, watching TV, and general laziness....time to go log off and practice something a bit more strenuous.
-----------------------------------------------------
I taught wing chun yesterday but today:Go FALCONS

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Still nothing! Man, I got to get back into it, especially since I was recovered enough to get back into my workout routine.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
I practiced my driving in GTA Vice City. Does that count?
LOL... that actually came up today... had to go pick up some people for court before dawn today and I was telling the rookie with me that Vice City was the only GTA game I ever played because of the Miami Vice Vibe it had lol.

That said today was... fight with a drunk pissed off that the Falcons lost (he lost too, go WC!!!!) and now bed so I can wake up and make class tonight.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL... that actually came up today... had to go pick up some people for court before dawn today and I was telling the rookie with me that Vice City was the only GTA game I ever played because of the Miami Vice Vibe it had lol.

That said today was... fight with a drunk pissed off that the Falcons lost (he lost too, go WC!!!!) and now bed so I can wake up and make class tonight.
Well, with Philip Michael Thomas voicing Lance Vance, it was bound to have a Miami Vice vibe. (Bonus: Lee Majors at Mitch Baker, head of the biker gang.) I still haven't played any of the others. VC is cheesy enough that I keep going back to visit every couple of years.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So far all I have done is, again practice being lazy when I got up this morning and then

Downward Dog
Supine Bridge

And that was just to wake me up.

Also went for a walk

Hope to do more later

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far, a quick kettlebell workout and light stretching to start the day. Class tonight - probably only one student, and we'll primarily work on ground defense.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I haven't practiced, or felt like practicing, my forms or anything even though I recovered from that side injury a few days ago. It's not that my drive has disappeared again because believe me: once I quit that second job, I am back in class immediately! However, I think it has to do with just being preoccupied with certain things going on with my youngest son. There are things happening with him that require all my focus.
Then again, I don't think it would be THAT draining to do all my forms at least once per day. I can't go nuts devoting all my free moments to training, like the slow 15-minute take on Sil Lum Tao, but some is better than nothing until some of my schedule gets freed up.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't practiced, or felt like practicing, my forms or anything even though I recovered from that side injury a few days ago. It's not that my drive has disappeared again because believe me: once I quit that second job, I am back in class immediately! However, I think it has to do with just being preoccupied with certain things going on with my youngest son. There are things happening with him that require all my focus.
Then again, I don't think it would be THAT draining to do all my forms at least once per day. I can't go nuts devoting all my free moments to training, like the slow 15-minute take on Sil Lum Tao, but some is better than nothing until some of my schedule gets freed up.
It sounds like you're doing something I do, sometimes. I'll get something in the front of my mind and let it take up too much of my energy (more than is actually useful for the circumstance), which keeps me from getting to some easy training and the like. The kettlebell workout I've been using only takes about 10 minutes, yet I struggle some days to get around to it. That doesn't really make any rational sense, though - there's plenty of opportunity to carve out 10 minutes during the day, especially given the performance benefits (especially to cognitive work) of doing so.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
It sounds like you're doing something I do, sometimes. I'll get something in the front of my mind and let it take up too much of my energy (more than is actually useful for the circumstance), which keeps me from getting to some easy training and the like. The kettlebell workout I've been using only takes about 10 minutes, yet I struggle some days to get around to it. That doesn't really make any rational sense, though - there's plenty of opportunity to carve out 10 minutes during the day, especially given the performance benefits (especially to cognitive work) of doing so.

Yes, and what really makes no sense about it is that, in regards to some of the issues going on with my son, I need to call people like my lawyer, his law guardian, and family court...but those places are open only during certain hours. No reason why I couldn't do my forms once they are unreachable. However, what trips me up is that I will think to myself, "Yeah, well they may be closed, but you ought to prepare what you want to say or have to ask them before they open tomorrow morning!" It is a vicious cycle. LOL

Jedmus

Orange Belt
Reaction score
so far today.. not a lot. Woke up to some stretches and practiced my Tul and a half hour walk on lunch. Have Tournament training later which normally consists of a bleep test, circuit training and sparring drills :)

Latest Discussions