Weird people are weird!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok, you have followed my adventures in band boostership, right!

All the stuff where the guy questioned our integrity etc....
it's not like we are on speaking terms, though I have this guy friended on FB (the band only account, the only friend, since I don't FB) and I had not bothered to unfriend him, I am not that childish.

Though I probably should have....

today - two weeks after things blew up, mind you - his wife sends me a friend request.

I mean, really? I know I have not put my name on there, but even the dumbest person should have made the connection by now between woman with camera and the cat that posts massive amounts of pictures on FB....

These people are insane!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ah the joys of the senseless world of the ephermeral social network :tdown:. Mind you, I'm the guy who still thinks mobile phones are an abomonation so my views are not exactly hip-to-the-beat :lol:.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, I know, right!

(and yeah, I hate cells/mobiles/handies just as badly. Nobody is that important to be accessable at all times.)

But friending somebody you are not on speaking terms with...or is it to see what i write on my FB? These people just amaze me.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
LOL, I know, right!

But friending somebody you are not on speaking terms with...or is it to see what i write on my FB? These people just amaze me.

granfire - you aren't paranoid, the whole world really does hate you.
biggrin.gif

Actually, since I don't FB myself, I can't comment much on the dynamics of FB. But as you have described those two, I wouldn't be in the least surprised if that weren't at least a part of her motive. There are better ways of saying "I'm sorry" or "Let's talk."

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
granfire - you aren't paranoid, the whole world really does hate you.
biggrin.gif

Actually, since I don't FB myself, I can't comment much on the dynamics of FB. But as you have described those two, I wouldn't be in the least surprised if that weren't at least a part of her motive. There are better ways of saying "I'm sorry" or "Let's talk."

See! I always knew it!

:lfao:

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have to say, I am a wholly happy Luddite now after having been chewed up and spat out Facebook's other end.

My own fault and my own naive stupidity and but I could not shake off one bad "friend" and had to enlist an attorney on the other side of the Atlantic to get rid of them.

I will never set so much as a virtual foot in another social network ever again. And I will live happily ever after trying to dissuade everyone from ever joining these networks. The end :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having a lot of MMA fighters, promotions, refs etc that you actually do know personally on your friends list seems to stop a lot of grief lol!

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, y'all are on facebook, preferably in Gi and Dobok with black belts on or swords?

:D

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL!
(and a move they will regret long term...) ;)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Facebook bad. No, really!
I know everyone and their mother uses it, but.....
My old partner (In law enforcement) got his account hacked a few years ago. Viruses were spread to his friends. Fortunately many of the recipients were also in law enforcement, and they got the guy. (oh, what fun they had)
Another friend had someone copy his pics, open an account and pose as him. He notified Facebook. They eventually took care of it, but, It took them ten weeks to do anything. Ten weeks!
I realize these examples are not the norm, but, hey, they happened in the world in which I live.
Facebook bad.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Where do you think the government is getting facial recognition software data? ;)I like facebook on the surface. I like showing off my photographs, giving a friend an encouraging word what I hear they're having a good day... or a bad day. I like watching my teenage nephews whine about their teachers, or their homework.But I keep it drama fr

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Where do you think the government is getting facial recognition software data? ;)I like facebook on the surface. I like showing off my photographs, giving a friend an encouraging word what I hear they're having a good day... or a bad day. I like watching my teenage nephews whine about their teachers, or their homework.But I keep it drama fr

Thank you for assuring me I am not the only one with a tinfoil hat in regard to the face recognition software...not to mention the data collected on facebook, voluntarily provided by the masses....