Weight lifting

OP
S

soccer50

Originally posted by MartialArtist
There's also muscle fibers... There are two main muscle types, and one of them has two parts to that group. Depending on the composition, it can change some physical aspects.

Muscle group I - Slender. People with this type are usually in some type of long stamina-related type of thing such as marathons. Red muscle.

Muscle group II - Fast twitch muscle. Explosive athletes have this type of muscle group. When working out, these muscle fibers are the ones that grow. White muscle.

There are two Group II muscles. IIa and IIb. IIb is the fastest-twitching but tire out the easiest.

For instance, most World Cup soccer players have IIa (although many have I or IIb.). Explosive positions that don't have to run forever such as halfback (American Football) have this. Martial artists can vary.

I'm no expert on muscle fibers, but there are is some general reading that you can find online.

since muscle groups are herditary, not everybody can be a weight lifter or a football plater. or martial artist or marathon runner huh. i gotta say that these replies are really helpful

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by soccer50
since muscle groups are herditary, not everybody can be a weight lifter or a football plater. or martial artist or marathon runner huh. i gotta say that these replies are really helpful
No, don't misunderstand the comment.

Anyone can be a football player, a weight lifter, etc. Just to play special positions that require key traits at a professional level. You have to make the best of your abilities. If you're a 400 pound man, don't try to play sweeper in soccer. If you're 400 pounds, don't try to be a NFL halfback that requires explosive running power. However, at 400 pounds, you could be an NFL linemen, get what I mean? Also think of basketball. An agile 5'10" basketball player won't play center, but most likely point guard. A 7'3" basketball player probably won't play point guard but rather center or a power forward.

Anyone can be a martial artist. You misunderstood that concept COMPLETELY. Martial artists can have any type of muscle fibers, just stick to what you're great at. Those with great stamina can wear the opponent down if they are skillful. And quickness isn't muscle makeup. Some people can run faster than others, others can punch faster, kick faster, etc. But there are just too many variables in fighting. Most fights are quick, explosive, aggressive. But a trained fighter who knows what he's doing can play to his strengths.

Anyone can be a marathon runner. One can always improve. It's just that don't expect to be a gold medalist. Professional athletes for their respective sports are not only naturally gifted, but put more sweat in a day than most of you do in a year. No matter how gifted you are, you also have to train or you won't get that far.

People who blame genes for their lack of ability are as bad as people who naturally have talent and waste it if not worse.

If you aren't naturally fast or agile, you probably won't be fast or agile. But you can become significantly faster or more agile

OP
L

lvwhitebir

Originally posted by Crazy Chihuahua
I think you've confused your terms here.

Thanks for the correction. At least my point was close to the mark.

WhiteBirch

OP
C

Crazy Chihuahua

Originally posted by lvwhitebir
Thanks for the correction. At least my point was close to the mark.

WhiteBirch

No problem. I wrote a test today on muscle memory and readiness and other rediculous things like that. It's confusing stuff sometimes.

Latest Discussions