Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seig said:
Rich,

You know where both houses are and you have an open invitation.

Thanks Mike!

Both houses ;) the land baron Mike.

BTW: I really did like the site of the new place :D Nice land, good area, rolling hills, trees, ... , .

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
HUZZAH! for having the house under roof! It looks like - hopefuly - maybe - the (first) end is in sight?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich, I've got some repairs I need done around here... :D

(We don't have to feed you, do we? It'd be cheaper to hire a carpenter!)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Rich, I've got some repairs I need done around here... :D

(We don't have to feed you, do we? It'd be cheaper to hire a carpenter!)

:rofl:

Yes it would be cheaper, and be done quicker. :)

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Waiting for Bathtubs to be delivered than can install doors.

Attachments

• $slider_kitchenwindow.jpg
    $slider_kitchenwindow.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 108
OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Started the interior framing Sunday 5-15-05..

The 3rd house should be ready for trusses this weekend, the 4th house's footers were poured so hopefully the foundation will be laid and we can start on the decking.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tess, this is really inspiring and great to see things taking shape! I can't wait to see what happens next! LOL! And all hand-hammered - that's a helluva lot of work there! No nail guns? Will you be using them for the drywall? I have some good tips for drywall taping if you need. *wishing I could be there*

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks Georgia~!!

All done with hand hammers indeed~! Seig did pull out the air nailer when he and I were under the house working on the joists Sunday.. but that's the only time it has been used *G*
I doubt we're going to use anything but regular hammers on the drywall..there's just to many people working in a contained area for it to be safe (cords, air hose, etc)..

Any tips would be great~!! Once upon a time I was a drywall sander wwwwwwwayy back when .. hated it ~!! hahaa.. but guess it gave me good experience ;)
Wish you were here too~!!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Tess! How is the building going anyways? Any new pics?

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hiya Lisa :)

Well we have 7 houses under roof, another girl and myself have been named Shingling Queens, so guess who's gotten to do all 7 roofs~!! oh well, it's a good skill to have methinks ;) 4 are sided, and we started the drywall in ours and another, which is going very quickly, luckily we don't have to tape and mud..
the 3 in the other development are waiting on electric hookup, then we can start insulating and finish up the siding,soffits,fascia, and get them drywalled and trimmed.
We were all hoping for a December finish date, but time constraints, being most of the group can only work Sat & Sun. on it, looks more like Feb. But we're still hoping :)
And we lucked out by not having to build the initial 8 houses. So all's good~! I'll be sure to take the camera this weekend and get some new shots. It's tough to photograph and work at the same time *G*
Thanks for asking~!!

~Tess

Kenpobldr

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I own a residential construction and real estate development company and from the pictures that you have taken it looks like you are doing a great job. I am glad that you are enjoying the process of how a home is built and can see how rewarding it feels to create a home that wil stand for generations.

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
That's great! You should set up shop in New Orleans--you could make a bundle!

I tell ya Jeff, I sure would if possible, not to make the money, though that would be an added benefit, but to just help them out~!!!

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kenpobldr said:
I own a residential construction and real estate development company and from the pictures that you have taken it looks like you are doing a great job. I am glad that you are enjoying the process of how a home is built and can see how rewarding it feels to create a home that wil stand for generations.

Thanks~!!

From the beginning out working in 0 degree weather, to the 110 heat index of the summer, the blisters and now callouses that line my hands.. I'm a totally different person. I have so much respect for the people who do this for a living. Buying a house is stressful.. but building your own and 6 others with your own hands.. totally awesome :).. this house is going to mean more to me than any other I've ever lived in~!!!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good to hear things are moving along nicely, Tess. I have so much respect for you, I truly do. That is a huge committment and task to accomplish. Please do take pics this weekend. I am really curious to see how things have changed from the last pics to now :D-