Water Babies Pics (caution... Baby Nudity)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Cruising around... and found... AWWWW

Amazing that years and years ago people would've freaked out seeing a baby free-swimming in a pool but forgetful that the first 9 months we were IN water.
These pics are (IMO) adorable and here is a site that has more!http://damncoolpics.blogspot.com/2007/04/underwater-babies.html
I liked the touching ones of the babies and their parents.
The one with the guy in the diving suit... can only be captioned... "Greetings Earthling!" :D

Attachments

• $swimming_babies_01.jpg
    $swimming_babies_01.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 1,097
  • $swimming_babies_03.jpg
    $swimming_babies_03.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 149
  • $swimming_babies_09.jpg
    $swimming_babies_09.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 139
  • $swimming_babies_16.jpg
    $swimming_babies_16.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 140
  • $swimming_babies_21.jpg
    $swimming_babies_21.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 130
  • $swimming_babies_27.jpg
    $swimming_babies_27.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 151
  • $swimming_babies_28.jpg
    $swimming_babies_28.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 137
  • $swimming_babies_34.jpg
    $swimming_babies_34.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 133
  • $swimming_babies_39.jpg
    $swimming_babies_39.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 145
  • $swimming_babies_52.jpg
    $swimming_babies_52.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 145

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heartwarming pics there ... why do I find myself humming "Aqua Marina" to the shots with mothers in them? Much rep will accrue to the non-Englishman who knows what the hell I'm talking about there ... it's a bit obscure I admit if you weren't born in the '60's and watched excellent kids programs in Supermarionation (sp).

Second, on-topic point, is that I'm quite struck by the fact that the babies are 'focussing' on the camera in so many instances - coincidence and a patient photographer?

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How in the heck do they get those kids to do that without drowning? I thought about trying it with my babies, but I was too scared. I didn't think I'd do it right and then that would scare them...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I believe it's instictive, Upnorth.

To recite an event from my own life, my mum took me to the swimming baths when I was very young indeed as she too knew that babies 'know' about water and how to swim.

This was all well and good except that I fixated on one of the black 'bricks' that used to be used by some advanced swimmers for training and diving. I swam down to the bottom, grabbed hold of the brick someone had left on the bottom of the pool and tried to swim back with it. Not an excercise that was going to be blessed with success :lol:.

The point is that I have no idea how long I was 'down' but it must've been long enough for my mum, distracted in conversation, to notice I was 'gone' from her waist and was now at her feet and 'rescue' me - apparently I was not grateful and made my displeasure known ROFL.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Saw something on animal planet last night about diving animals and they had a two minute long thing about how in England there's a program of mothers and their babies swimming.
Babies do instinctively hold their breaths when they're submerged. It's an amazing "human" factoid.
I'm of mind that it's an age old survival instinct and that it's a damn good one... especially as far as babies are concerned. Babies that drown are probably the ones that got tired and couldn't hold their heads up out of water... that and their muscles just aren't that developed yet. But with close supervision a parent can have a grand time with their little ones in the pool.

Just uhh, make sure they've completely voided before entering the water eh?

Latest Discussions