wat is kid yamamotos training

sendo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've always wondered how kid achieved such a nicely sculpted body. What does his routine consist of to get such a body? Will I _need_ to take supplements and drink protein drinks? Is lifting weights required to get that body--or can I do certain exercises that don't need weights (pushups, situps, etc)

Another thing is I'm 18 and im 5'4" (kid's height) but im wondering what age males stop growing. I wouldn't want to start lifting and potentially stunt my growth. I've heard males stop growing at 18, 21, and 25 so I'm not sure.

Thanks

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
you can stop growing anywhere between 17 and 25-26. I didn't stop growing until I was 24.

OP
S

sendo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
you can stop growing anywhere between 17 and 25-26. I didn't stop growing until I was 24.
thanks for the response. did you implement anything to your diet that you believe allowed you to grow till 24?

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I didn't take anything other then a normal vitamin, but I was working out 6 days a week in my teens. Light weights, and MA only. No shakes, or other types of pills, potions, or anything else.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that you may grow into your early-to-mid twenties.

Generally, weight training is OK and unlikely to stunt your growth by your late teens.

If you're concerned, I'd discuss your height with a doctor; they'll be able to advise you if there are medical concerns, and what can be done. And they'll be able to tell you if it's OK to work out.

OP
S

sendo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I didn't take anything other then a normal vitamin, but I was working out 6 days a week in my teens. Light weights, and MA only. No shakes, or other types of pills, potions, or anything else.
thanks alot for the responses

what do you mean by 'normal vitamins'? and by MA you mean martial arts?

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
you do have to bare in mind that kid is a professional athlete and as such has more time then most of us to concentrate on diet and training.

I would assume that he does indeed take supplements.

If you are doing the type of training he is a protein shake is the bare min that you should be taking.

Latest Discussions