Walking?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walking is definately a good way to warm up. I don't think you'd need to go that long of a distance for a warmup though.

Mike

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it is good as a general warm up but may not hit the specific muscles that you are working depending upon what you are covering that day.
Another example is we may do jumping jacks as a general warm up but then do specific stretches for the shoulders if i am going to do lots of punching that day.

OP
bobster_ice

bobster_ice

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks guys, Frank, i completely forgotten about jumping Jacks until you mentioned them on this thread,

Rally guys, thanks alot,

Bobby.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I walk all day on the job then walk to class (i'm to lazy to run) so walking is not a warmup but an evey day activity for me

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
bobster_ice said:
Thanks Mike, How long do you think I should walk for?

Sorry I didn't reply again sooner. I'd say that you'd want to walk at a good enough pace and long enough that you start to break a sweat. 5 min at a good pace should accomplish this.

As stickarts said, you will also want to focus on a specific area if that is something you'll be working.

Mike

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I walk to the karate studio all the time, and its a mile or two from my house. I definitely find my legs are a lot looser at the beginning of class.

Latest Discussions