Wakeboarding

silatman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Been getting hot here again lately and all my spare time seems to be going to loading up the mates 350 chev ski boat and heading down to the dam skiing, wake boarding, kneeboarding, couple of biscuits.
I must admit that I am a new comer to this sport, but I am finding that I am picking it up fairly quickly and I am convinced that it is because of my training and my balance due to the training. Core strenght and flexibility are up there as well of course.
Any one else here play ski boats?

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've never wakeboarded (after my time...heh)...but I used to water ski all the time, I'm pretty good at it and can slalam ski well. I miss it. I started out at age 5 on my uncles shoulders. It's been over 10 years since I water skied. I'd love to do it again, I'd also love to try wakeboarding.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Been getting hot here again lately and all my spare time seems to be going to loading up the mates 350 chev ski boat and heading down to the dam skiing, wake boarding, kneeboarding, couple of biscuits.
I must admit that I am a new comer to this sport, but I am finding that I am picking it up fairly quickly and I am convinced that it is because of my training and my balance due to the training. Core strenght and flexibility are up there as well of course.
Any one else here play ski boats?

It is interesting that you think this! I was on a wakeboard for the first time last summer with my cousins and some of their friends. They guy that was driving the boat said I picked it up faster than anyone else he had seen. He also was impressed with my ability to quickly apply the advice he gave me. I totally thought it was because of my training- my strength and balance like you said, and also my understanding of where my center was and even being aware of where all points of my body were to be able to adjust as he suggested. Cool that you have found the same thing! I personally can't wait to get back up again next summer!

Latest Discussions