Wake Up... Breakfast!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm guilty... roughly 95% of my mornings go without breakfast of some kind or another... it's usually because I'm just NOT hungry. However; I do love a good (big) breakfast and sometimes I just ain't got the time to make one. But a short quick breakfast (muffin/juice) is about as good as I'm gonna get. Found this article of quick easy breakfasts that are healthy to boot. Nearly all of them contain 3 ingredients or less. http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food...-grocery-store-staples-2388458/#photoViewer=8 What's your favorite breakfast in the morning... when you have time and when you have got to GET OUT the door?

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Usually, it's either a couple of eggs or a couple of slices of brown bread with something in between, like cheese.
If I have time, I usually have a couple of eggs, bacon, and coffee or milk.

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have really tried to change my habits about squeezing some sort of breakfast in, but I have a really hard time eating right after I wake up Normally I don't have a whole lot of time in the morning so I'll grab some yogurt and a piece of fruit and I'll eat it once I get to work, but if I have a little extra time I'll scramble up some egg whites and some toast.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I usually have oatmeal or do some eggs in the microwave and some fruit for breakfast. This week it's cantaloupe since I got a huge one on sale over the weekend, it'll last me if I have a slice or two with breakfast all week.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I start out my day with a protein drink packed with all kinds od goodies.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here's mine:

I take frozen pieces of banana, a spoonful of peanut butter, Carnation instant breakfast drink (chocolate flavor) and milk and put it in a blender. It's like having a milk shake for breakfast.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I generally don’t eat first thing in the morning also.
But on an odd weekend, eggs- sunnyside, bacon – crisp, toast, and some potato scones fried up, with a diet coke or an orange juice.

Slipper

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I am not a breakfast person. The best I can manage for myself is peanut butter crackers and orange juice. I do believe that breakfast is important and I'm trying to set good habits for the kids. We have some weird diets to work around in our home but I can usually pull off something good before they go to school.

I pre-cook pancakes (gluten free) and bacon on Sunday so all I need to do is re-heat. Add some scrambled eggs, fruit and milk and we're good. We also pre-cook french toast, cheese biscuits, muffins and breakfast cookies (all gluten free as one of my kids has Celiac Disease) for variety to rotate what they eat. Currently I'm experimenting with pre-cooking omelets so they can be re-heated in the mornings. If it's really cold, they prefer oatmeal with fruit and trail mix on the drive to school. My oldest (who has autism) eats bacon, popcorn and orange juice. Occasionally she will eat a nutri-grain type bar with juice.

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
If I cook - 1 1/2 Cups of instant oatmeal with 1 Tbsp of peanut butter, 1/4 Cup of fresh frozen blueberries and 1/4 Cup of sugar free maple syrup.

If the deli down the street cooks: 1 fried egg (yolk broken and fried with olive oil) with 2 oz of thin sliced, lean ham, 1 oz of cheddar cheese, sautéed onions, Texas Pete's Louisiana hot sauce, catsup on a grilled Kaiser roll.

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If I'm in a hurry, PBJ and coffee. I eat in the car. (I confess, I kind of like to eat in the car).

Leisure? Maybe corn flakes and skim milk; strawberries and yogurt; pancakes; oatmeal. And the New York Times to peruse.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On some days its a couple of bananas, or a small cup of Greek or Icelandic yogurt. Other days it might be leftovers, or a trip to the Chinese buffet for salad and sushi (I'm a shift worker).

If I have guests, chances are I'm up at a normal hour so I make a I make a pretty big deal out of breakfast. Pumpkin pancakes, or Pina Colada French toast, or bacon and eggs...I have fun with it. :)

Mark Jordan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't have a whole lot of time in the morning so usually I'll just have a protein drink or orange juice, a piece of fruit or whatever is available like bread or crackers. But I do believe that breakfast is important so if I have the time I usually have eggs or pancakes, bacon, fruits and my protein drink or juice.

Latest Discussions