Visiting Japan to train at the "Home Dojo"? PRICELESS!

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Just like the popular credit card commercials go here in the US:

Airfare, taxis, tips, and related? ____ Dollars (US or in Yen)

Hotels, meals, and other "living expenses"? ____ Dollars (US or Yen)

Visiting Japan to train at the "Home” Dojo? PRICELESS! :ultracool

For those that have visited Japan to training in the Martial Sciences... can you relate your experiences and expenses (budgets, travel tips, etc.) for the benefit of those who wish to plan a trip there?

In February of 2007 I will turn 40... and I've decided that, on that date, I will formally and publicly rededicate myself to my Martial Sciences training... and see what path the NEXT 40-years of my life has in store for me down the road...

As a part of this... I plan to restart my involvement in "The Booj" after a break of some 20-years (groan! That's gonna leave a mark!)... and would like to plan a trip to Japan to train at the Bujinden Dojo in Noda-shi... with a possible stopover for some FMA training in the Philippines along the way...

So, if anyone has some data they could share... I'd be most thankful! :asian:

Finally, if any of my MT Brethren are planning training trips to the Bujinden in early to mid 2007... and would like a travel/training partner for the trip... please consider contacting me…

Best Regards,

[FONT=&quot]Andrew

[/FONT]

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Andrew,

Glad to hear that you are rededicating yourself to studying in the Bujinkan and making a trip to Japan to train with Hatsumi Sensei. (you will not be disapointed) I will be heading there next summer with some other people dedicated to training in Budo Taijutsu plus my beautiful wife.
icon10.gif
I for one cannot wait to set foot in the Hombu dojo again and train with Soke and all of the Japanese Shihan. I am also excited to train at the Budokan with Soke as well. (that is one great training hall)

Now to the nitty gritty. In regards to training prices with Soke and the Shihan please contact your Sensei directly and he or she will be able to help you out.

As for airfare it has gone up unfortunately but several of my friends traveled this summer for around $870 US round trip. Lodging and accomodations was around $700 or so for each of them. (but you can get cheaper if you are lucky for me it was free as we stayed with a friend)
Food and traveling expenses are were you will really get hit with some serious money. I forget what I budgeted exactly for this but I would venture around $1,500. (though that may be high but it also depends on what you do and eat)

Even though my stay was cheaper last time I am expecting to pay around $8,000 or more this next time around as I am taking the wife and we may do a little more sightseeing and stay in a pretty nice location for some of the trip. (plus we will definately be eating in the more expensive spots) Good luck, you will definately enjoy your trip to Japan and being in the Bujinkan is always a treat!
icon10.gif

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That sounds fantastic Andrew!

You are in for a real treat going to Japan. I hope you have a great time! The problem is you will come back to the states wanting to go abroad again...and again...and again...

Latest Discussions