(Video) Shane Fazen of FightTips VS. Jujimufu of Acrobolix

KangTsai

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
One of the most interesting sparring sessions I've seen on YouTube.

Quick backgrounds:

Shane Fazen - runs a martial arts YouTube channel, website, and coaches boxing and MMA. Sample video:

Jujimufu - runs a fitness and acrobatics YouTube channel, and a website. In the video it says he is a taekwondo black belt - jujimufu repeats time and time again that he got the black belt from a mcdojo, but he still values his taekwondo background for getting him into tricking/acrobatics.
Sample Video:

Here's the sparring clip.

First boxing round: So I notice immediately that Jujimufu knows nothing about boxing, but is still getting things done against Shane with what I like to call "gorilla brawling." He pressures Shane very well to the walls but Shane tags him alot of times with counters.

Second kickboxing round: right away, I see that Juji is a very competent kicker. He says himself he competed in a lot of taekwondo. Shane puts out a lot more clean, fast combos, while Juji can make plenty of kick counters in the process, including that jump spinning back kick.

Third MMA round: Jujimufu feels confident that he can charge Shane. Although Shane may have "won" that round, the pressure was always present. That bicep curl ground flip stunned me.

Grappling round: Shane does standard stuff, I think he was a blue belt at the moment. Pulling and fishing for submissions. But I was amazed at how well Jujimufu was doing against a trained Shane, pinning him down and effortlessly muscling his way out of submissions he doesn't actually know of.

We learn that-
A) weight classes in sport are absolute necessary
B) Jujimufu is one strong ____________

crazydiamond

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I watched this as well and share your views.

C) Endurance counts They did limit it to 1 min rounds - and J admitted he has no endurance. 3-5 min rounds wound have had him gasping on the ground.

I can also say as a big strong guy - in my MMA (JKD) classes significant weight and strength differences do indeed matter (in some things) as shown in this video.

Did you ever see Conor vs The Mountain?

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Equal skill, the bigger stronger person has a big advantage. Nice to meet you, my name is Captain Obvious.

It is fun to watch stuff like this though, just to watch how people "put things together" for themselves, in their own game.

Think of what kind of a terror J could become if he trained his endurance as if he was doing GSP's training. Now that would be pretty scary to get in the cage with, eh?

KabutoKouji

Green Belt
Reaction score
I started watching Shane's videos last week and I think they are very interesting and well thought out - this video in particular - made me feel a bit better about being crap on the ground lol - his one about the 'Fighting Irish' stance is very good too.

Latest Discussions