Video Martial Arts...

DergaSmash

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Go to the Kenpo dojo. Take a trial class, ask the instructor a lot of questions. Good luck with your search!

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, I just got off the phone with the guy I used to drive and take BBT from. He is quitting teaching. :( I live in Cleveland, TN. In Chattanooga, about 30 miles away, I just noticed there is a "five animal Kenpo" dojo. I am really interested in this possibly. I don't know what "five animal" means, but ok. I am calling the guy back in about an hour and a half. Here is his website. What do you think? http://www.dojochattanooga.com/ I am also interested in Krav Maga, but the closest thing is over an hour away and they want you there three days a week.

Jason
Aside from him calling Wing Chun an internal art and saying you will train like a warrior of old, I'd say it's worth checking out.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Video training is a good supplement to any existing training...

If video training was very effective? ....everyone would be learning to golfing,swiming,diving,tennis,bowling,skating,sking,shooting,etc..endless activities.....on videos...today... How effective for the untrain..or unlearner....each person will vary off course....

Nothing like the real thing in actual movments against opponents..

Easy to learn how to block,strike,duck, and move.....thru video training....
In the real world? ....will you trust your OWN training in the real world?

Aloha, ....have over a 100 martial videos...can only remember a few things....and do even fewer....NOTHING like training in a real class..