Hello !

victor584694

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello ! My name is Victor and I am new to this forum. Please tell me : where can I ask a question about martial arts? On which section of the forum ? To be more precise, I want to find what is the name of some kick that I have seen it in a martial arts video and wht type of martial art incorporates it.

Thank you !

Victor

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi...

Ask here - a link to a video would be helpful.

Bear in mind it might be difficult to narrow down which particular art it "comes from" though, as there's only so many ways to move and almost every technique appears in multiple arts.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum Victor.

Go to the Forum page and select your specific style and post the question there. You can also use the General Discussion section. What you have already done is sufficient so a picture or video of the kick should be all that is required. Knowing what (if any) style you practice will help identify it by name relevant to your style/system.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hi Victor. Welcome to Martial Talk. :)

OP
V

victor584694

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind words. Well this is a short gif :
3npdu2.gif
Image tagged in gifs
She holds the head in a headlock while kicking him repeatedly with the heel in the face. What is the name of this move ? Could be a martial art kick ?

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
3npdu2.gif
Image tagged in gifs
She holds the head in a headlock while kicking him repeatedly with the heel in the face. What is the name of this move ? Could be a martial art kick ?
It doesn’t look like a real technique from any art I’ve seen. (And I’ve seen a lot of arts.) If it was done with a little more flair it might be an example of “movie fu”, i.e. a bit of choreography designed to look cool without regard for effectiveness. As it is, I suspect it’s just a couple of friends goofing around.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
3npdu2.gif
Image tagged in gifs
I would call it a 'movie' kick of some sort. That said, IF a small frame woman in strong heels could get a larger sized man (anyone) in a reverse headlock like that, it could be a valid kick. There a several structural/geometric factors that could limit effectiveness. Plus, I doubt it would ever be an 'ending' move so not a good choice unless the kicker is very well versed and just playing with the guy.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is a variation on a hook kick. The hook kick is common to many systems, and it can be creatively applied, though this particular application may not be seen as commonly as others.

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree with most others, I havent seen this kick other than in the movies, Never seen a Hook kick that looks like that either, Im not a gambling man, but I will have a tenner bet, its people playing about.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok, so not exactly the same (not with opponent in head lock, but could be applied as such if it's presented I suppose).

Closest I know of...

Screenshot_20200131-093449.png

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Maybe a poor-man's scorpion kick?

Seems like it would be good for scoring points, but that's about it. The only muscles involved are the hamstrings. When you do the similar leg motion for a hook kick, you've got a lot more muscles going into it: your core, your planted leg, and your hips are doing most of the work.