Video clips from Swordfest 2006

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
All of this footage was from yesterday's Swordfest in Malvern, PA. The first clip is my demo. Right-click this link to upload. The file is in mpeg format and is 19.7 MB.

The second clip is of Drawdy Sensei (who recently joined MT) doing some tameshigiri with his new custom katana (blade made by Howard Clark, mounted and polished by Keith Larman). He gave me permission to post this clip. It can be found here - right-click to upload. It is in mpeg format, and is 7.69 MB.

Last clip is my latest go at tameshigiri. This file is also in mpeg format, and is 8.69 MB. No, I wasn't using the Little Tigress katana. Turns out it is too light for cutting mats. Either that, or I just suck at tameshigiri. ;) I borrowed a Citadel katana from one of Drawdy Sensei's students.

Hope you enjoy the clips. :)

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looks good, Jen! I particularly liked the portion of the form where you used both swords. Very wicked!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing those! You looked pretty good to me.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool!! Nice clips! Thanks for posting them!:ultracool

Mike

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Very nice!! I was surprised to see the part of you using the Katana in your left hand I had never seen someone do that. The Tameshigiri was very nicely done. I really need to get a good katana to do so I can do that. My cheap ones are worthless.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
I found the DVD cover for your movie clips!

Attachments

• $swordlady.jpg
    $swordlady.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 255
OP
S

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
HKphooey said:

Bwahahahaha...you're killing me here! No pun intended, of course... :lfao:

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
HKphooey said:
Great Job, HK!

However, I must respectfully, disagree. Sword Lady is like the beautiful woman lead assassin in the movie, "Shogun Assassin".

Place her picture in the upper right, and its done!

Attachments

• $shogun.jpeg
    $shogun.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 257

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lol!!!

I was only able to find the original version. :)

Attachments

• $shogun.jpg
    $shogun.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 231

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
All of this footage was from yesterday's Swordfest in Malvern, PA. The first clip is my demo. Right-click this link to upload. The file is in mpeg format and is 19.7 MB.

The second clip is of Drawdy Sensei (who recently joined MT) doing some tameshigiri with his new custom katana (blade made by Howard Clark, mounted and polished by Keith Larman). He gave me permission to post this clip. It can be found here - right-click to upload. It is in mpeg format, and is 7.69 MB.

Last clip is my latest go at tameshigiri. This file is also in mpeg format, and is 8.69 MB. No, I wasn't using the Little Tigress katana. Turns out it is too light for cutting mats. Either that, or I just suck at tameshigiri. ;) I borrowed a Citadel katana from one of Drawdy Sensei's students.

Hope you enjoy the clips. :)

So just for my clarification, as your matt fell and the one of the Sensai did not, I have to assume that it is mounted the same as yours and this means his techniques were very nice to be able to get the four cuts.

Thanks

PS: I liked your two vids as well.

OP
S

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
So just for my clarification, as your matt fell and the one of the Sensai did not, I have to assume that it is mounted the same as yours and this means his techniques were very nice to be able to get the four cuts.

Actually, Drawdy Sensei had a whole mat to play with, which was secured by a peg. I only had about a half a mat to cut (which was one mat cut in half), and that piece was placed on top of another cut mat. It wasn't secured at all.

OP
S

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
HKphooey said:
Lol!!!

I was only able to find the original version. :)

Wow...it's been interesting seeing my face pop up on all these movie covers. I never knew I was *that* famous. ;) :uhyeah:

Latest Discussions